I have 2 section 8 families in my building that i want to evict after a break in occured how do i proceed?

they are suspectfully outta the building during this occurence supposedly and i have repeadly called the police due to loud noise fights in and outside the building, are theese grounds for section 8 termination?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Gabe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You will have to check your local laws because it varies from place to place.

• 1 decade ago

If you are a resident in the building you must file a complaint with management. They will document the complaint and have it placed in the resident file. If you are not having any luck with the manager, then call and file a disturbance report when you have the fights and noise. The police will fill out a report and you can have that put in the file. Document, Document, Document. Three write-ups will put them in eviction court. Depending on the nature of the write-up they might not have to have 3. Some violations of the lease agreement warrants an immediate eviction. But, you as a resident can't start the procedure, only management can. They will post the warnings and then go to court for the eviction process.

The laws will vary from state to state but section 8 properties have much stricter guidlines than conventional properties. Tax Credit properties are also pretty strict.

Hope this helps, former property manager here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Firstly, I think these are grounds for section 8 termination as there isn't supposed to be any cohabitation going on when a female applies for section 8, if so, she breaches the "contract", I know this because I'm a law student, but I don't have much knowledge in agency law or real estate law, but I have touched on this topic a little... So you wouldn't be held liable if you were to give a notice of eviction on the grounds of disturbance.

• 1 decade ago

You need to first contact the local section 8 office. Take your complaints and evidence to them. You must be the owner or manager of the property. They can do several things. They could write to these people with a warning or they could make them move or they could remove them from the section 8 program. There may be other options they could utilize. You will need evidence like police reports on the noise complaints, pics of any damage to the dwelling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You have to look in the lease and see if it says anything about the loud noise, what about if it is kept clean, are there people living there that should not be there in the lease it should say something like noone else to occupy unit persons not on lease must not stay more than _#_ consecutive days w/o prior wriiten consent. You have to always write them up and keep documentation like they are in school because it will be their word against yours and let me tell you just because you are the L/L that does not mean you will win in court. Have they defaced your property and you have proof?

Source(s): On Sect 8 have volunteered in an apt that housed low income tenants and you have to have the proof and take it to the h/a and say why you want them out w/evidence and that will most likely take them out of the program completely. So make sure all your ducks r n a row before you pursue this.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, it is hard, please read the lease and find a reason thatis allowed in the lease.

( loud noise, fights are just expected in section 8 housing( sadly, but for those that rent to people who don't pay thier own rent have the lower of the social level most of the time, not always of course but it is what you get. As for the breakin, no proof,

• 1 decade ago

You have to go to court and ask for eviction notice. If you had them sign a contract then it may be a little hard for you to evict. When you own property and decide to rent it; it is wise to hire a lawyer to write the contract and deal with eviction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.