Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the only true Christian sect? Are the rest going to hell with the non-believers?

For those of you who don't understand the meaning of "sect":

1. A group of people forming a distinct unit within a larger group by virtue of certain refinements or distinctions of belief or practice.

2. A religious body, especially one that has separated from a larger denomination.

-taken from dictionary.com

For example, The Lutheran Church is a Christian sect, as is The Protestant Church. I hope this helps with your answers.

Favorite Answer

right along with the flying pigs...........What planet are you from?

Question # 1:

The Bible give several clear identifiers of true Christians. They can be identified by their teachings being based completely on the Bible's teachings and not on the doctrines of men (Mark 7:7). They will be making known the name of God (which, by the way, can be found in most Bible at Exodus 6:3 and Psalms 83:18) - (see John 17:6; Matthew 4:10). Their faith in Jesus will be demonstrated by their actions (John 3:16; James 2:26). Christianity will be their way of life (Galatians 5:22,23), not just a formality (Isaiah 1:15-17). Its members will have love among themselves rather than having divisions among racial, social or national boundaries (John 13:35). It will be "no part of the world" (John 15:19), remaining neutral in politics, and avoiding living their lives based on materialistic and fleshly desires (James 2:15-17). Its members will be fulfilling the commission that Jesus gave them at Matthew 24:14 which states "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come” and following the examples set by the apostles in Jesus' day in doing this (Matthew 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; Acts 20:20).

Question # 2:

The word "hell" is from the Hebrew word "sheol" and/or the Greek word "haides", both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. The Greek word geenna is symbolic of eternal distruction. The Bible describes the state of the dead at Ecclesiastes 9:5 states "The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all..." and also at Psalms 146:4 "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." So technically speaking, everyone who dies goes to hell...believers and non-believers alike.

Source(s): 1) Holy Scriptures; and 2) Reasoning the Scriptures

2+2=4 My existence is impossible without a creator. However, my belief in God is by faith. So is anyone elses. The words "true Christian sect" are contradictory. Faith is not aligned with true. It could be, but no one can say for sure unless God comes down to earth and tells us so.

This is a bad and totally unanswerable question. My suggestion is find a sect that aligns with your personality. I like action oriented people and am uncomfortable around holy, holiness people. So that is the the church or sect I align with. That is how God created me. Be true to yourself and you will be true to God.

Source(s): www.peace-purpose- prosperity.com

If you knew there was one true Christian sect, would it make a difference to you? Everyone will have the opportunity to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and either accept it or reject it. It is just, merciful, and scriptural. James 1:5, 1 Peter 4:6. If you care, check it out.

Christian means follower of christ, not a religion or sect. Religion os idolitry, because ppl think that if they follow the rules, preform rituals, and do good things they will go to heaven.

Being a christian is more than that.

• TJ 57

Everybody that God gives eternal life to.Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus Christ is the Only Way!!Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

YES

In Christ in Love,

TJ57

According to the Westbourough Baptist Church of Kansas, they're the only ones who'll be left after the apocalypse.

...they may not make it, though, since they're pissing people off by protesting soldier's funerals. Shortens their lifespan a bit.

First off... right on dark pheonix 262... can't wait for the next season of stargate.

Secondly (and more importantly), as long as you truly love Jesus and serve him, you could be a jew, a catholic, or whatever denomination you want. As long as you love Jesus and follow the Bible you're on the right track. "No man may come unto the father but through me(Jesus)" not the catholic church, not the church of God, just Jesus

Who so ever shall proclaim the name of Jesus Christ Shall be saved.Or read Joel 2:32 Say's about the same thing.That if you confess with your mouth that Jesus died for you and be live in only God you will be saved and go to heaven,If you do not repent or be live,Well I can not make that judgment only God will judge our hearts.

Ephesians 4:4-6

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

This tells me that there is only One God, One TRUE religion/faith, one type of baptism...Yes, there is only one true Christian sect...

I will let you decide which faith that is per your research of God's word.