how is a way to convince my mom i need a cell phone (i'm 13)?

Favorite Answer

I think that it is a great idea that thirteen year old girls should be able to be in constant communication with their moms. One great benefit would be the strenghtening of mother-daughter relationships from early age. Cellular communication could be an excellent media to overcome a pervasive problem in American social culture presently threatening the family unit at all levels. Limiting budgetary constraints impede many moms to shell out the monthly expense for an extra unit, although some providers will be able to include an extra line on the same account for just $6-9 dollars per month, sharing minutes. Maybe you could propose to do some extra house chores to earn those extra $6-9 dollars that your mother would have to pay.

Tell her about the Nokia Tracphones. You only pay for so many minutes and if you want more you have to buy more. The one I bought was only $19.99.

Explain to her that payphones don't always work, aren't always safe and aren't always around. Cell phones are good for emergencies and for when you need to get a hold of someone fast. My cell phone doesn't have any texting things or anything like that - it's just a plain phone but I love having it and it's come in handy a lot.

My husband and I have four children and they'll all get cell phones when they're old enough.

There is no good argument. You don't need a cell phone. You are 13 years old.

Do lots of extracurricular activities such as playing soccer or learning banjo in such a busy way that a cellphone is a great convenience to tell your mom when to pick you up, etc. It's ultimately enriching anyway, so you don't get a cellphone just for the sake of getting a cellphone. You'll have a purpose.

Every kid needs a cell phone.It is a great way for parents to be able to teach you responsibility.Tell her that and also tell her you will call her a certain # of times during the day and let her know how your day is going. I think she would like that.

wht's the point? u r only 13, wht r u gonna do with it? moreover, cellphone spreads rediation which is harmful for human brain. yur body is still growing & yur brain is still at it's stage of improving. cell phone can harm yur natural brain health a lot. wait till 18. i'm not kidding.

You don't!!!!!

I sell cell phones and you young "kids" don't know how to use them correctly, by runing up your minutes, and txting all the time. One of my customers got a cell for his daughter and she ran up a 3000 dollar bill on his account!

I think you might first need to convince the people on Yahoo Answers that you need one.

• jen

there is no way to convince her. it costs money, that she will have to pay. also, phones are a distraction for young children, you need to worry about playing outside and running, not sitting with a phone to your ear.

you don't need a cell phone. gather your loose change and head for the nearest pay phone.