Why do people shake their legs? (Men Especially)?

They shake their leg, especially when they are trying to concentrate.

Please do not answer if you have no idea why.

Favorite Answer

Shaking a body part controls most of the person's energy, it destracts them, but not from what they are concentrating on.

It's like tapping finders, or shaking your foot. You focus your nervous energy on that, at it sort of looses tension.

• Tim

It gives the body something to do while the mind is working.

Edit: It's also very open to suggestion-- I wasn't shaking my legs, but then I read this question, answered it and moved on, and suddenly discovered my leg was shaking!

they shake thier legs when they r nervous, want to ask a question, want something or it can be a habit .I shake my legs also at times

Because They Think There doing the Hokey Pokey

I do it too. Partly, its just a subconscience (probably nuetrotic) tick and also because it keeps my foot from falling asleep when I cross my legs.

I don't know, it's just a habit I've had since I was a kid. My dad would always ask me if I was nervous. I'd say no, of course, because sometimes I don't even realize that I'm doing it.

I do that too. I think it's just a nervous thing, it can be tough to remain completely still.

I think of it as a way to relieve excess tension.

I have done that for years and years and years. I've heard different things about it. My grandpa swears its because there's an underlying problem inside of me.. like i need a root canal...or something weird... yeah... I've had people grab my knee a hundred times, and yell STOP IT!

i was shaking my legs untill i read ur question lol