Why do people shake their legs? (Men Especially)?

They shake their leg, especially when they are trying to concentrate.

Update:

Please do not answer if you have no idea why.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Shaking a body part controls most of the person's energy, it destracts them, but not from what they are concentrating on.

It's like tapping finders, or shaking your foot. You focus your nervous energy on that, at it sort of looses tension.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It gives the body something to do while the mind is working.

Edit: It's also very open to suggestion-- I wasn't shaking my legs, but then I read this question, answered it and moved on, and suddenly discovered my leg was shaking!

• 1 decade ago

they shake thier legs when they r nervous, want to ask a question, want something or it can be a habit .I shake my legs also at times

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because They Think There doing the Hokey Pokey

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do it too. Partly, its just a subconscience (probably nuetrotic) tick and also because it keeps my foot from falling asleep when I cross my legs.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know, it's just a habit I've had since I was a kid. My dad would always ask me if I was nervous. I'd say no, of course, because sometimes I don't even realize that I'm doing it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do that too. I think it's just a nervous thing, it can be tough to remain completely still.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think of it as a way to relieve excess tension.

• 1 decade ago

I have done that for years and years and years. I've heard different things about it. My grandpa swears its because there's an underlying problem inside of me.. like i need a root canal...or something weird... yeah... I've had people grab my knee a hundred times, and yell STOP IT!

• 1 decade ago

i was shaking my legs untill i read ur question lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.