Should I be worried?

These wierd men keep coming to my door late at night asking me stupid questions. And if I dont answer the door they go straight back to their cars and drive away. I have a supermarket across the street from me. So, theres always so many people. My house almost gotten broke into a couple months ago. My family is worried and want me to move back in with them for now. What should I do?? I cant have a dog I dont have the time to take care of one.

Tring to sell me stuff but when they tell me the name of the company they suposebly work for I check it out and there is no such company.

Favorite Answer

I agree with suzifirestarter. Also don't answer the door to them yourself but if you have a man around (especially one who looks big and rough) get him to make his presence known. Buy some big, mens clothes from the op shop and hang them on your line when you do your washing or flash them around at the laundro-mat if you do your laundry down there. Don't give the impression to people that you live alone.

Keep your place locked when you are home. When you are outside make sure you watch your back and be aware of who is around (close by and from a distance) At night don't walk close to shadows or concealed hiding places, have the keys to your car and house ready before you get to the door. Don't focus only on trying to unlock the door keep aware of other things that are going on around and behind you.

Learn a bit of women's self defense. Find a martial arts class that will teach dirty street fighting tactics in addition to their regular schooling. You need to learn awareness, how to handle yourself and hit 'n run tactics NOT put them in a hold and wait three hours for the police.

If someone comes toward you in the street like they are going to ask you a question, you don't have to let them get close. Put your hand up in a halting motion and tell them in a loud determined voice, "That's close enough. What do you want?" Don't be afraid to let other people hear (draw attention to yourself)

Attackers look for easy targets. They look for opportunity and people who appear like they cannot defend themselves. If you do self defense training you will gain confidence and present yourself so and become more in tune with who is in your surroundings. All this will make you a less likely target.

Oh, and as for guns: if you don't get the opportunity to use it and they take it off you ..... a hair brush can be very effective if you know how to use it and an attacker is less likely to see your hair brush as a threat to them until it is too late - for them.

Source(s): Experience was involved with martial arts for 26 yrs, special interest in women's self defense training.

You didn't provide enough information. I believe that not answering the door and obtaining the license plate number is necessary. Report them to the police. Sometimes the police department will make courtesy rounds in your neighborhood. You can also obtain dog barking recordings to curb their behaviour I have a doorbell that sounds like dogs barking. Move if that is what you want. Request a deadbolt lock for your doors and secure your windows. Thieves can break into anything but usually give up if it is a hassle. Bad people are everywhere. Don't live in fear. Live smart. make the decisions that you feel are right for you.

I don't think you should let some stupid people who have nothing better to do with their lives push you out of your own house. Just report whoever it is that keeps bothering you to the police and keep a watch out for them. Win the battle girl!! OH...and answer their stupid questions with even stupider questions. They will be annoyed for two reasons:

1) You just answered their question with a question.

2) You answered with an even stupider question than the question itself.

:) Happy Hunting! Hope you find some peace and quiet.

I would certainly be worried. Weird men? Are they dressed in black? Do they seem less (or more) than human? Have you ever seen a UFO?

hey if you look the way you do in the picture damm i would show up 2 just gimmy yo info

I second the shotgun, or the police.

Maybe they're just casing your place to see if anyone is home.

Get a gun, leave the door open, and shoot them till their died.

• Kitten

What kind of questions?

do you have time to get a shotgun?