Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

is there a difference between racism and discrimanation.?

I discriminate. I have no problem admitting this. But I was recently accused of racism by this white guy because I said, after being invited to party he was throwing "no thanks, that doesn't sound like my kind of crowd" I know this can be taken the wrong way, but I was referring to the fact that I suspected there would be a lot of youngins there. So I was discriminating based on age not race. is there a problem with that? and if I were turning him down because I didn't want to hang around a bunch of white folk, would that be ok?

Favorite Answer

everyone has the right to hang out with who you wanna hang out with it aint gotta be about race. its about how cool you are LOL have a great day hommie

I don't like being at a place where there are no other women. I don't think I would be comfortable if I were the only white person at a party. No one wants to be the odd ball. I am sure I wouldn't want to be at a party with all young people. So, in my opinion, you should be able to say, no I wouldn't be comfortable because.....and state why.

• ?

I think you were fine with either of those reasons. If you had said you didn't want to go because you hated white people, that's one thing, but if you weren't comfortable going where you might be the only black person, that's more than understandable. Your friend throwing the party was out of line.

• meeee

yes there is a difference. racism is discrimination based on your race but discrimination can be between two or more people of the same race but different sex or origin.

• ratboy

Descrimination based on race is racsim. There are many forms of descrimination, like age, that have nothing to do with race. I think your white friend was a bit too touchy, looking for something that just wasn't there.

You was just telling the truth. Racisim is against a different

race(s). Discrimanation is against anything you are not race, hair color, personallity, anything.

• Rock

you're right

racism is race

i don't know about age tho

u did nothing wrong

hopefully, u said it with grace

but if the person has a problem with that, explain to him, if he doesn't understand then f*ck that

everyone discriminates, but it is usually for reason, racism has no reason

yes

• Anry

i don't think there is difference.