How do you take good pics w/ a Nikon Coolpix P4?

Specifically, how do I take good pics of a band performing in a small club using natural light? The flash seems to wash everything out. Do I just need to buy a digital SLR? Or, are there some tips anyone can share using a high quality digital point/shoot camera?

Favorite Answer

I had the same problem and tried two different techniques.

From the pre-set scenes try the museum setting which stops the flash from shooting all together and keep the shutter open for longer. Of course you'll need to have steady hands or use a small tripod on the table. If the band is moving a lot they will be blurry, But the colors will be what you are looking for.

A similar mode is the Party mode this one uses a slow flash burst that illuminates the scene but keep the shutter open to allow the natural light and yellowish indoor atmosphere to take over the flash effect. Again some blurring might occur.

Source(s): I use a Coolpix 7900
  • woolf

Fujifilm S4250 - it does each thing the L810 does, yet provides a viewfinder and handbook controls for the same fee. you will might desire to be quite stupid to purchase the two of those Nikons, yet Nikon know there are various stupid human beings available. don't be certainly one of them.