Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

password recovery?

ok i recently forgot my password (dummy) to log into to windows, is there a way i could retrieve it?

the account is the adminn account

Favorite Answer

First, make sure you do not have the CAPS Lock on.

If that is not the case, then you can try the following:

If you have another account on that computer, you can login with that other account and change the password for your account.

If you do not have another account you can use the administrator account.

Go into the Administrator Account and change the password for your account. At the login screen Press CTRL + ALT + DEL two times and your login screen will look like the old login screen. Type Administrator on the user and leave the password blank and click ok. Most of the cases when windows is installed people don't enter a password for the administrator, so hopefully it will log you in.

Then you can go to Start==>Settings==>Control Panel==> User Accounts ...

Click on your username and then click on Change password.

I hope it helps...

Hmm...Is this WIndows 2000 or XP? Try the free software listed on my site here: http://www.s2services.com/nt-2003passwordfreeware.... . There are acturally at least 10 free solutions I think.