LOL asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My Siamese is 18 pounds, is that too heavy?

She seems happy

Update:

"she's eight years old"

Update 2:

great answers: "buying her a specialty food" The vet already has her eating one made by "Eukanuba" veterinary diets.

"Restricted-Calorie"

She seems to like it!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. But, I can't really say anything though, I have a cat that is 9 years old, and she weighs about 20 pounds. lol. She is happy as well. Although my vet has gotten on to me about her weight.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes this is a very unhealthy weight for any small animal. Animals are just like humans obesity affects their bodies very similar to our own. If you love you cat and want to keep him/her with you as long as possible, you might look into buying her a specialty food that will help it to loose weight yet gain all the nutritional value she needs. Your local vet can help you pick the right one.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, mine is 14 lbs and the vet says he's too fat. A siamese should only be about 10 lbs (assuming you're talking about a cat). ;)

They are always happy to eat more though, since they usually have nothing better to do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would say she needs to go on a diet. But speak to your vet first. Rule out anything else that might be causing the weight gain.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, If she is full siamese she should weigh about 6 to 7 pounds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What does the vet say? If she is to heavy the vet will tell you what you should do to get her weight down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ya its over wieght it should wiegh 6-10 pounds

• Linnie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

that is neat.....my 1/2 Siamese is that big too i can hardly pick her up

• 1 decade ago

BigTime.

• 1 decade ago

mine was 21...they are over weight and will have trouble cleaning herself and may have more infections

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.