Why is that some countries are forced to respect the UN resolutions and others not?

• Eric
    Favorite Answer

It depends if there are countries that feel like enforcing the UN resolution. If so, the resolution gives them backing. Otherwise it just shows that countries will vote for a resolution.

No one is forced, I don't believe. I just think that it is understood that if your country has a delegate in the UN that you will back and follow through on their desicions. If you are not part of United Nations (which few countries aren't) then I guess you don't HAVE to do what they say...though it is frowned upon and most countries want a good image.

Some countries have veto power...those on the five permanent members of the UN security council....really no one is forced since UN is a toothless dog....he does nothing....its sanctions for instance are inefficient

.......and I suppose "YOU" do everything you're told also????