what should i do ?

I am a total mess. I'm 30, still living at home, i have no car, i filed for bankruptcy last year, and after working for a electronics store that is now closing for more than a year and a half i find out that they're thinking of transferring me to a store too far away from where I live or they might let me go . I'd get severance as well as a bonus. I can't find a job anywhere. I feel like a failure. I don't know which way to go ? What should I do?

Favorite Answer

First, unless the response is positive I would not relieve on any advise from this venue. We all go through periods of time in our lives where we are a mess. We pull our selves up and go on, you will to. There is never a guarantee in life that this 'mess' will not occur again and again, it is up to you to change the patterns in your life for the better and to be aware if it is your fault, thus learning from it, changing for the better and going on.

You are not a failure. Take a bit of time off, get yourself together and go back 'out there' and conquer the world. We could all do it if we believed that we could. You have all sorts of power within that you haven't ever tapped into. Good luck to you.

Wow I'm sorry about your situation. There are PLENTY of Jobs out there though if you do end up not being able to work at this electronic store. Check the classified adds... even start from the bottom and work your way up all over again. Prioritize your time, work hard, and invest wisely. Put in whatever money you aren't using for food and other necessities into the bank. Also... Just try to be happy! Everyone has their ups and downs, and this may not even be the worst time of your life. Live a little and try not to be down on yourself because the more positive the attitude the better your life will be... In your eyes and in the long run. Good luck and don't give up!

• GET A GRIP GIRL..you are only 30..start looking for another job..period or go to nite school and get a career..and stop making debts..at your age you shouldn't be filing bankruptcy and your parents should have kicked u out a long time ago..

Get outta Dodge Hoss. Move out of Mamma and Daddy's house and get out on your own. They're tired of having you around no matter what they say to your face. Take the job and force yourself to make it on your own. You don't have to live in the same town as Mamma. I truly don't understand people who want to live around their parents for the rest of their lives. It's like they are afraid to move away. Very childish and very insecure. Give your parents a long extended break from you. Let them live on their own like it was meant to be in their later years. How can they miss you if you won't go away?

Get out of retail and go back to school! If you don't have a college degree, there are grants and such to help people in your situation go back to school and learn a trade or get a certificate or get a degree that will lead to some specific kind of job. Check out your local community college, or see if there are schools in your area that offer online degrees. At least it would be a step out of your apparently dead-end situation. You wouldn't necessarily have to go full-time. You could find part-time work and go to school part-time. Just a theory...

Find three people who you admire and who are accomplished and get together and ask for their advice. You aren't the first person to go through this. The objective opinion of folks can be extremely useful. Especially if they all agree on something about your situation, listen to them as you may not be able to see what they can see regarding your situation.

• ?

either finf a job close to home or move with the company. Staying with the company might be better , because jobs are hard to find, the new area may be just what you need...

your just going to have to push harder at life bud start by walking to find a job some where or if your town has busses take them i dont beleive you cant find a job i hear people say that all the time while burnin a fatty blunt with them they are just not trying hard enough to find one if your persistant you will get one

good luck

Source(s): thankz 4 da deuce

30 years of age ...... I got through this same situation and I am 54 ..

This is how.... managing my time , my money and my energy..

I looked for any part time job ... when I say any I say any one .... what i needed was some money.... I kept my bonus and severance allowance untouched.....

Try it I am sure it will work for you also

Join the Air Force. Believe me it's the best thing you can do for yourself. You'll learn a trade. There is advancement and they will play for college through the GI Bill. I know, I did it myself.