my son is going on 15. if he get circumsized would it hurt?

Favorite Answer

uh yeah its going to hurt. My mom had me circumsized at 15 and it hurts alot. For the guy he feels really sore (something like if his foot was asleep but worse). He can walk but it will hurt for a few days. and when he is able to walk he will walk funny for about two weeks. About 3 days after it will burn to pee and it will bleed not alot but a few drops and that burns alot. tell him not to freak out at the stitches the dissolve when they are ready and done. My mom said they would have to remove them i was scared like crazy but that wasnt true. Let him sit for a while and no tv late at nite ( know what i mean) it will hurt BAD!! VERY BAD!!. and if he has a girlfriend keep her away (you know what i mean again rite). i hope this helps i went through it. It does have its ups but those come when hes ready and grown.

15 yrs or 15 months????

either one hell yes it will hurt him thay will have to put him to sleep if thay do it but it is healthyer for them. but most doctors wont do it if the kid is over 2 months so u better talk to the doctor about that my first son was cercomsized when he was like 1 1/2 - 2 months old and my other son is 6 weeks and hes gonna be cercomsized on the 12th of this month

Why didn't you have him circumsized when he was first born? If you wanted him circumsized, you should have done it when he was born. But yes, it's going to hurt. Very badly!!!

If it's as a last resort because of a medical condition then it may be justified but otherwise I can't imagine why anyone would want to cut off a normal, healthy and valuable part of the body. It would be like you voluntarily having your clitoris sliced off, and yes of course it would hurt. Don't let him do it.

Yes, it will hurt if he gets circumcised now. It would be better to just leave things as they are and make sure that he keeps clean there...pulling the foreskin back all the time to clean and rinse well.

My brother had to have it done when he was 13. They numbed it up first, but he said it still hurt. He was sore for a week afterwards.

• yes...dont worry about doing it now...there's nothing wrong with not being circumsized...just wash it good

• KB

Yes, this is a very painful procedure for grown children and adults.

yes but it will be better for him in the long run. just make sure he cares for it well when its done so it doesnt get infected. it wont take long to heal.

• Alej

I think it'll hurt no matter how old. Just because they do that to babies doesn't mean that they don't feel.