who has the highest I Q that is living today?

Favorite Answer

Since cognitive abilities don't suddenly appear or disappear with the taking of a test, the honest answer is we probably have no idea which human living today has the highest IQ since the vast majority of humans have never been tested. That puts the odds being in favor of some anonymous person in Africa or China having the highest IQ on the planet. We just don't know it.

However, of those people tested, and whose IQ scores are publicly known, Marilyn vos Savant has the highest, having scored 228.

She herself will be quick to tell you, though, you should put very little stock in such things since it's virtually impossible to accurately gauge someone's intelligence, especially if they are extremely gifted in the area. though it doesn't seem to stop her from continuing to espouse her own score and enjoy the attention she gets from it.

I agree with AndiGravity, above. Meaningful testing depends upon the valid establishment of population norms. There are a lot of mentail abilities that cannot be effectively measured with pencil and paper tests.

In theory, it could be assumed that with a standard deviation of 16 points, an IQ of 201 would select the highest out of 7.25 billion persons, the statistical equivalent of 6.31 s.d. above the mean. In fact, the bulk of *valid* IQ tests are on increasingly shaky ground as one transits the range of 150-159, roughly 1/1000 to 1/10000 rarity. Why? It's hard to establish norms at this level. The old (pre-1995) SAT was practically an IQ test (r=0.8 verbal & r=0.7 math); it was taken by millions of students, though that population is not a normal distribution --- there are web sites which attempt to derive IQ scores from the old SAT or GRE, on a statistical basis. That may be about as good as you get at the high level. There are many problems with special "ultra high IQ" tests created by single individuals, generally unsupervised, and normed on small populations of very bright people. Those tests can have a lot of unintended biases and are really discontinuous with the normal population implicitly referenced. So, I would say that IQ's in the 200s are highly speculative, as are even the scores above 160. They mean something, but precision is illusory.

My math teacher recently told me one of the people with the highest IQ's in the world is a bouncer in a bar. This is because after always being a nerd and getting beat up as a kid he became a body builder and found this as his true love. Some people don't need money to be happy, too bad it took a genius to realize this! Researching this more he was also a cowboy, a construction worker, etc. Check the wikepedia link below!

Marylon Von Savant is the person with the highest IQ living today. She answers questions in the back of some sunday papers weekly sections.

Personally? I have an IQ of 147 and she scares the crap out of me. I've got her beat on hair, uglyness and reach. Shes got me beat by good looks, thicker wallet and brains

She wins

Crocodile Dundee

Maryiln Vos Savant. she has a column in a paper where she answers all kinds of readers questions. she is married to the doctor who invented the artificial heart

Marylin Vos Savant

It's like 260 or something. They had to make a special scale to test her.

Bill Gates?

Stephen Hawking, don't know his actual IQ

possibly Bobby Fischer, though he seems a bit crazy these days.