Heidi M asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

How can I get a student loan after I declared bankruptcy?

I'm finding it impossible to get approval for a student loan because I previously declared bankruptcy. I can easily get approved for a car loan, but not for my education. Anyone with ideas or information about this situation please respond. I have to pay for nursing school by August 1st!

• echo
    Favorite Answer

You might check out the site that I've listed.

Go to the student loan forum and do some reading. You might be able to get some ideas on what to do.

If you cannot find what you are looking for, post your question. Someone may be able to give you some suggestions.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I go to the creditboards forums every day, for credit related reading/learning. But I usually go to other forums than the student loan forum.

Because so many people default on their student loans, the government is very hesitant to give them out to people declaring bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a legal way of defaulting on your loans to get out of paying them. I'm surprised you got a car loan, but I bet your interest rate is much higher than someone who didn't claim bankruptcy.