Have you had any luck making money online? Everything, to me, appears to be some sort of a scam. Is it?
How much did you make?
How hard did you have to work?
Was it worth it?
- Job Search ProLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
The get-rich-quick stuff are usually either scams or slightly dishonest, particularly the ones you get in spam. The old cliches about "if it's too good to be true, it is" and "there's no free lunch" are cliches because they are true!
You CAN make very good money on-line, but it doesn't happen quickly, unless you are extraordinarily lucky, and it takes hard work, unless you cheat. And, you need to keep working at it because it will get out of date or someone else will do something better and you'll lose your traffic.
The good news is that it is usually something that you can start and run part time, while your real job pays the bills.
Some options that work:
* If there is something you are really interested in - passionate about, even - learn as much about it as you can, and build a Website to share your information. The more specific, the better (maintaining excellent soccer fields in the northwest part of the U.S.A., for example). If your site is good and you keep adding to it (how to repair the field after a big storm has hit, reviews of different grass seed types), you can build up a lot of traffic. If you have good traffic numbers or the "right traffic" (all the people who run soccer fields in the Northwest) you'll attract advertisers - grass seed companies, manufacturers of mowers and field striping equipment, etc. With advertisers, you have revenue.
* An eBay business if you have access to nice things to sell, and you do it carefully. Read a couple of RECENT books about how to do it (I think there's a Dummies Guide to Selling on eBay, but it may be out of date), and get started. If you are methodical and ethical, you can make money at it.
* You MAY be able to charge people for access to your information, if it is truly unique and important to some relatively large group. Like the Wall Street Journal charges for online access to their news stories and stock reports.
* You MAY be able to write e-books to sell on a Website. You may even be able to sell you e-books on Amazon and other outlets. But, it takes a good e-book, VERY good marketing, and lots of experience.
Be sure to resist the temptation to "borrow" the content of someone else's Website! Copyright laws DO apply to Web content, regardless of what anyone may have told you to the contrary. And you can be liable for triple damages and attorney's fees if they find you and come after you. And you WILL lose the Website because the hosting company will be required by law to take it off line, and you could lose the domain name, too, if a court decides that you've no right to it.
It ain't easy, but you can make it work - if you work at it.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Work at home after your working hours or during weekend. Go for the internet business which require less of your time and the one that will not make you feel headache with web designing or which require IT knowledge. Second, choose the internet based company which offer you the opportunity and at the same time giving you the convenience to start the business where all the things are automated. Third, choose the business which does not require big money to start it. Think again, when you are earning money from the internet, you have the chance to get rid from an income tax.
All the above is only available from: http://www.website.ws/powercontrol
I tried so many internet business before and this is the one that 100% reliable.
PLEASE NOTE: You only will understand the whole marketing concept if you read every details & the trial period is FREE!
Remember, You CAN'T guarantee wether you will get many fish or not by spreading your net into the sea, but u CAN guarantee that there is no fish at all if you never spread your net into the sea.
- ontario ashleyLv 41 decade ago
I followed a link from someone else on here and it led me to a website called Cash Crate. You won't make a fortune doing this, but you can easily make maybe $10-20 a week (great for pocket change!) without putting out any money. Basically they show you free/trial offers and surveys, and they tell you upfront what the payout is for doing the survey or viewing the ad, and the money accumulates in your account. Once you reach $5 (or more, it's up to you), you can receive your payout either by check in the mail, or gift certificates. I thought it would be a waste of time, but now that I've done it for a while, it's a pretty easy way to make some extra bucks. Here is the website:
So far I've accumulated $40 and had a check mailed to me, so it seems to be legit!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
No. I make plenty of money online. I use it as a little business just to pay for school and I made $400 my first week working on eBay. If you come from the "working/business world" then it's very easy but going from lazy to owning a business online, it's moderate. It was defiantly worth it.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Hi, I make my living online. I work from home here in New Zealand and love it. It took me about six months to be able to quit my fulltime j.o.b (just over broke). But now am loving the freedom this work gives me.
If you want to learn more and are willing to listen and put some effort into your business you will succeed.
Send me an e-mail if you want to know more. email@example.com
I dont like boasting about my income but im averaging $9000usd a month, part time.
I hope this will help you out.
- luv_a_winLv 51 decade ago
The internet is a great form of extra income because the internet is open 24 hours a day and seven days a week...I make a regular "passive income" from the net..I dont' have to sell anything face to face etc. Email me, If you have any question about what I am going to share with you, (just click on my "yahoo name). Too make a long and boring story short and to help you with your question, recently, I was looking for money making opportunities that didn't promise me to "get rich quick" or pay me "$30,000 a month" ( 2 sure warning signs of a scam) or cost any money to join. I was fortunate enough to come across a website that helped me with free info and tips on making extra money at home! I will post website at the bottom.
Also I want it known that in no way do I profit from this link, I only profited from the free information from the site, I can copy and paste the information and claim it as my own but that is a copyright violation and for me "honesty is the only policy" so to keep it simple, this is how I make extra money and I spend close to 12 hours a week doing the suggestion that I am about to give you (depending on my free time).
(1) This is the easiest way (for me) to make extra money. Believe it or not, I make extra pocket change by "reading emails. I just click on a email link and wait for a timer to expire, close the link and move onto the next email. It is a simple as that.
(2) Another popular way is to start your own blog and or website. You can share your experience or expertise, provide information ,sell items etc. It may take and effort to make money from your blog or website, but try to design it properly and your site or blog will start to make you money.
(3) Sell items on the Internet. I started out by selling extra items that I had at home, now I go to yard sales, check out discount bins at stores, etc and resell them for a profit on the net.Source(s): http://winner.2fortune.com/
- Anonymous1 decade ago
With a computer at home and internet connection, you can start earning from home, without any investment. You should choose your work at home job according to your skills and time available.
If you have a good typing speed, general and legal transcription jobs from companies like Mountain West, Tigerfish and Accutran are available. You will have to apply from their websites which are listed at
Medical transcription work is also available if you have completed a course.
Many companies like Manuscript Services, Associated Content, constant content pay for writing articles, poems, proofreading and copywriting. A good writer can earn more than US$30 per hour.
You have to directly apply online and the companies websites are listed at
The simplest work at home job is answering phones for companies like WorkathomeAgent, Alpine
Access, Liveops. You will need a quiet enviroment at home without any disturbance. To apply you will have
to complete an online application form on the companies website ( a list of companies with websites is available at http://www.pcworkathome.net/customerserviceworkfro... )
- 1 decade ago
I would have to say "yes" to your question. I started my own e-commerce business and I had to work very hard I have made a little over nine-teen hundred dollars in two months so don't quit your day job but it is definitely worth pursuing and with patience it will grow. According to my research, on-line shopping is growing at a rapid rate everyday. People want to be able to go on-line and browse before making most purchases.
- PatriciaLv 45 years ago
all of those online things are nothing but scams. you would be better off getting a part time job at a fast food place.