Letting go of the past...anyone have advice?

Im having trouble getting over my ex. I know all the basics such as there is someone better out there for me, if you quit looking love will find you. blah blah. But even though we didn't work out I can't help but feeling like I will never find anyone I can relate to as well as I did with him. We don't speak anymore, and I'll probably never talk to him again which hurts even more. I've been on dates but it seems as though all men care about is sex. I'm wanting something more than that. Anyone have some HELPFUL comments or advice?

Favorite Answer

Going through the same thing, except we are in a process of divorce and I intend to see this through. After all the evil things & lies she said, did to and in front of me and my son were so disrespectful towards our marriage . . . It absolutely crushed me.....and here I sit reminiscing about the few good times we had.....missing her ( or what I thought was her) .... I loved her with all my heart & soul ( she could careless, she had a headstart)..... But I continue thinking to myself "Will I ever be able to love and feel another woman's soul again?"...and the answer is: IN DUE SEASON; IN DUE TIME!......Time truly will heal your wounds and mines. Take Care & God Bless.

Bishop

I was torturing myself trying to figure this one out for the past year and a half. I've recently given up and don't care about it anymore. Sorry, but that's the best I've got for you.

• LA LA

What I did to help me to get over my x. I pick up some new hobbies. Just anything to keep my mind of it.