Jester
Jester asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Should I dye my hair blond?

I have reddish brown hair now, kinda fair skin. Check out my profile and tell me. Do blonds really have more fun? Honest answers only please.

Favorite Answer

I would have someone put some even more red highlights in it instead or have them put blondish red highlights....instead of going ALL blonde. The upkeep on highlights is way easier then if you dye your whole head. Plus when you get highlights and spend time in the sun it enhances the color even more. One summer after getting really blonde highlights to my brunette head of hair...I spent a couple of weeks in Florida and used Sun In (the spray in hair lightener) and it made my highlights this beautiful coppery red-blonde color. I got so many compliments about it.

I think your current hair colour is lovely, but if you really want to go blond but not sure, then you should just get highlights done.

With highlights you will have blond parts along with your natural hair colour. Then if you feel you want to go lighter, you can get more highlights, which will lighten your hair even more or you can go fully blonde.

Do blondes have more fun? Hmm. I've gone blond and It hasn't made a difference to the amount of fun I have.

I guess the myth of blondes being more attractive stems from the fact that lighter hair takes emphasis away from your face. When you have darker hair, it frames your face and any imperfections can be noticed more than if you had light hair. Lighter hair is also associated with youth. Young children have lighter hair. As they grow older, their hair tends to darken.

The type of blond colour you go for depends on your skin tone too. You should consult with your hair dresser if you're not sure.

Do it if you really feel you want to. If it doesn't come out the way you would like, you can always buy a kit that takes the new color out, but you will have to die it another color soon after. It's not good for your hair to do this too much, but neither is dying it. Also, there have been many reports linking hair dying to some forms of cancer. So, just keep that in mind, And most importantly condition your hair regularly after dying it. The dye will make it dry and could cause it to break!!

No, you should not dye your hair. Neither should you curl it or straighten it. The more you do to your hair with chemicals, the less healthy it will be. Everybody is born with the color of hair that's best for them, and nobody should envy somebody else's color.

I know two girls, twins, who dyed their hair to a lighter shade of blonde because they are in show business. They have unusual political views, and because they have dyed their hair their enemies have a way to mock them: they draw attention to photos of them in their brown-hair days and also to photos of them today that show darker hair at the roots.

Besides, the whole trendy idea about changing your looks usually starts with changing the color of your hair. (Or else it starts with using too much make up and looking goofy.) Eventually, if you keep it up, you'll be doing piercings, body art, and elective surgeries, and you'll end up looking like a tattooed Michael Jackson. That wouldn't be the way I'd go, nope.

I would say no. I checked your profile and your yahoo 360 page and pictures and your hair looks great, just the natural color you have, you seem happy. With looks like 3 beautiful kids, and a guy that looks as if he loves you a lot.

And your beautiful too. so why would you want to become a blond?

• Sappho

Yes, blonds have more fun! I say go for it, it might make you look paler if you have fair skin though, so you might want to try some darker highlights in it to even out your complexion, just be careful not to dye it too much while still avoiding dark roots, those are the worst!

don't, lots of ppl dye thier hair blonde and red hair is becoming more popluar anyway, my hair is dark dark brown and i'd never die it blonde, mayb red or lighter brown but never blonde, but this is only my opinion if u really want it blonde go a head

Nah, I think you should stay away from a total blonde head. Go for just some cute blonde and golden highlites

Once you start it's really, really hard to stop. (Growing out color is a pain). Besides, reddish brown is a pretty hair color!

No. While blonds may have more fun, it's also very common and cliche'd. Keep your hair the way it is.