Is this saying true and does it really happen in real life?

"if you love someone, set that person free. If the person comes back, he or she is yours . If the person doesn't, he or she never was"?????? Can that really be true or is it just something people say to comfort others?

Favorite Answer

It's short form for, "If you love someone, AND THEY LOVE YOU TOO, set that person free. If the person comes back, he or she is yours . If the person doesn't, he or she never was"

Holding onto someone will not make them love you.

If they love you they will find there way back.

• Pete

Actually its a saying that was taken from a famous play, people seemed to like it and its commonly used to try to console someone who has been given the boot so to say. I do not think its really something people do in real life, like if I was married and was just completely in love with my wife I would go, "Honey, I love you so much, but you are free to go out and see other guys, and if you come back you really are mine" NOT HAPPENING...know what I mean?

HELLO DEAR,FOR THE MOST PART THE SAYING IS VERY TRUE. BUT THE BETTER QUESTION WOULD BE.IF SOMEONE DID NOT LOVE YOU ENOUGH TO STAY AND WORK OUT WHAT EVER PROBLEMS..THEN WHY WOULD YOU WANT THEM BACK?? HOW ABOUT "LETS SEE OTHER PEOPLE" OH SURE AND GET AN STD IF YOU TAKE THEM BACK!! BESIDES IF YOU TRY TO HANG ON AND SOMEONE WANTS TO BE ELSWHERE THEY WILL LEAVE IN THE FUTURE ANYWAY.THERE ARE"MANY FISH OF BOTH SEX'S IN THE OCEAN" FIND ONE YOU HAVE NO DOUGHT ABOUT.WHILE COMFORT IS GOOD...TRUTH IS BETTER!!

I think that it is true. Someone set me free once. I waited too long to come back and now wonder often...what if.

It is certainly true but be sure you are setting the person free and not pushing them away.

• barus

on the start, many moves tend to be truly pushy and "on your face". perchance that is significant with a view to verify the mandatory starting place for the idea being provided. in recent times, I have a tendency to agree that equality has been regarded and attitudes in the direction of gender have adjusted. The objective that each and each and every female should have the ability to enhance and make a contribution to society in accordance to her own human being tendencies, has been carried out. i imagine that become the point of it, in spite of everything? To free females of preconceived fashions of existence at start depending fullyyt on gender? inspite of this, I too discover it ironic how adult males's rights, truly even as it is composed of little ones, baby help and custody were left sorely unattended. and that i also discover it truly hypocritical that females preferring to stay in accordance to "classic" gender roles are appeared down upon and stereotyped. What good is a flow that in simple terms replaces one restrictive doctrine with the subsequent? And what does "equality" might want to do with forcibly paying for privileges that are fullyyt in holding with gender? there is not something incorrect with preserving a particular factor of expertise almost about discrimination, even if that's truly yet another situation in case you misuse a flow promote precisely that. Feminism has stepped forward a bitter, truly militant aftertaste. even if, once you proclaim that you're an anti-feminist, you'll many times be seen sexist, because maximum folk nonetheless equate "feminism" with "female equality".

It is true. If they love and want you they will always come back. Otherwise, you need to find someone or something else.

Yes

Yes, It's true. Except if they have low self esteem or something they they may just rather be miserable that admit that they made a mistake.

God Bless You,

• hahaha

I believe that it is true...but you also have to be careful how they were set free...if on bad terms then they prolly wont want to come back