Alpha Dog asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Does the Birth control shot keep females from getting pregnant?

Favorite Answer

It is supposed to for about 3 months, but females do not get regular cycles while on it, which is gross, because female body's need a "flush" every few weeks. And the shot doesn't prevent STDs so Wrap it up!!

• Nicole

If it is the right dose and she gets the shots at the right time, then it should keep her from getting pregnant. But, no form of birth control is 100% safe, except for abstinence.

NO FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL PROTECTS AGAINST STDS!!!

yes, both my daughters use the depo shot. not only does it provide birth control it also regulates your periods - eventually. Neither of them have had a period in several months - also eliminating the cramps and PMS. But definitely use condoms because the shots do NOT prevent STD's such as AIDS.

Yes. I was on Depo Provera(the shot) for a long time and never got pregnant. Its over 99% affective. Closest thing to not having sex at all. Take it every three months and when you are ready to stop just don't take the next shot. Your period will dissapear, or you may spot a little. I highly reccommend it for sexually active girls.

Is it called birth control?

Source(s): common sense

Not in every case . I have not used it but have had two friends who were on the same shots and both became pregnant ...I also would still recomend condoms to prevent STD

Yes, with an average of 299/300 couples not getting pregnant.

Isn't that what birth control means?

Source(s): common sense

I think you should still wear protection, a condom, is the best. Or be abstinent. You never know if your parner has any diseases or viruses unless you both get checked out.

It is pretty good at stopping pregnancy, BUT, that is the one that was supposed to be recalled because of too many side effects, and they were not good ones either. So , watch it!