how can i stop weeds from growing on my brick paver patio?

• Sharon
    Favorite Answer

If you want to just kill the ones that are there now, spray Roundup on them. You may need to do this periodically, as some weeds and grasses will germinate in the sand that fills in the cracks between the bricks.

If you want to not have to worry about them at all, I would suggest using polymeric sand. It goes in between the cracks like sand, but once you wet it down, it hardens, similar to concrete. Make sure your patio is level before putting down polymeric sand, as it will bond everything together.

Good luck!

I go with the round up idea, also next time you have to add sand for the grout, mix with 4 sand to 1 of powder or flake weed killer, everytime it rains you get potential weeds killed, usually lasts long enough between sandings depending on your weeds and how frequent you need to resand.

spray them with weed killer. A good natural one is to use 32oz vinegar and 1/4 cup Dawn Dish soap

• Mache

I use a weed killer called "All Season Long". Once it kills something it is gone for a long time. Keeps stuff from coming up in my back porch. m

Round Up Concentrate is the best weed killer that I know.

Walmart has it in stock.

Use it more often. The foot traffic will kill the weeds. I know...I have a job too, so answer #1 is more practicable. I use Round-up also.

I've used weed killer, also poured boiling water on them, helps some what.

But some Roundup and spray that there. It should kill any grass or weeds.

we always used plain old table salt! Its cheap,not harmful to kids or animals and seems to work really well. May have to reapply it, but who cares? I also have used leftover de-icing salt.