Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 decade ago

Educate Dr. Education: Why do fast food chains process drive-thru?

patrons faster than customers who come in the dining room? Or does it just happen to me? bad karma?

Favorite Answer

its not you- its crap- why do clerks take phone calls while theyre waiting on walk in customers- it really erks me !!

I don't really know the reason why but when I worked at McDonald there was a rule for drive thru that the food was suppose to be out in a certain amount of time, I think it was like 45 seconds from the time you got to the window to get the food if you paid at the first window. But there was not a time for customers that came in. I don't know if that was only at the one I worked at or at all of them.

Fast food places want to make it appeal as a quick way to get something to eat. That's why they process the drive thru for people on the run. They want to make it sound like they're doing it for u.

At the fast food places I have worked orders were processed in the order taken. No preference was given. I should say that most DT order are smaller than inside orders and therefore can be taken faster.

Usually, if there's a line at the drive thru, there is nothing going on inside and vica-versa. If you walk insode when there are 20 people lined up outside, of course the people who already ordered are going to take priority to you who just showed up.

k, i work at one and believe me i totally see where you are coming from.. but you have to remember that there are corporate people that make us have low drive thru time and get the cars out of there. I totally think that is wrong, but if the drive times get really high then the managers get in a lot of trouble and then they get crabby and it is a hard job, harder than you think... but as a customer and worker, i try to equal that out at least at the one i work at.... i hear you......

• ?

It's not just you. Where I live it's faster to go in the restaurant and order at the counter than it is to go though the drive-thru.

no. I think in most places drive thru customers take priority. Im not sure why that is