ny asked in TravelCaribbeanPuerto Rico · 1 decade ago

cheap places to stay in san juan?

hi, does anyone know of any cheap motels to stay in san juan, somewhere that's not expensive but still more or less decent. thank you

Favorite Answer

Check the Guest Houses in Condado,

other choice could be Hotel Excelsior in Miramar, is cheaper than the Big hotels in Isla Verde and is really close to old San Juan, They have a good Service.

Try the guest houses. They have relatively fair prices compared to the big name hotels in PR. Look at the source. Hope it works. And regarding the gentleman who told you about the Hotel in Fortaleza and San Justo. . .All I can say is that a place like that would be terribly dangerous and dirty.

Did you check out the Villa Verde Inn? Good reviews!

dont listen to these people..you want a cheap place?

It is Hotel San Juan near calle Fortaleza and san justo, it is not foun on the internet, it costs like 25$ a night per person...in Old San Juan!

Source(s): I go there all the time

I stayed on the Hilton inn in San Juan. Its about 7 minutes from the airport. I also stayed there excellent beforehand a cruise. because it turned right into a equipment with the cruise it changed into very inexpensive.

TRY THE EMBASSY SUITES IN SAN JUAN THEIR ROOM RATES INCLUDE AN UNBELIEVABLE MADE TO ORDER BREAKFAST WITH BUFFET AND MANAGERS RECEPTION EVERY NITE IN THE LOBBY FREE 2 HRS. OF COCKTAILS !. VERY CLOSE TO THE BEACH AN AWESOME POOLS.YOU COULD ALSO TRY THE CORAL PRINCESS INN IN CONDADO. CONDADO IS CENTRALLY LOCATED TO OLD SAN JUAN AND ISLA VERDE IN SAN JUAN. THE CORAL PRINCESS IS A VERY NICE AFFORDABLE LITTLE HOTEL WITH LOTS OF CHARM, A SMALL POOL AND ROOF TOP JACUZZI PLUS A DECENT CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST(INCLUDED WITH ROOM RATE. www.coralpr.com

Source(s): 9 YEARS OF VACATIONING IN PUERTO RICO 6 YEARS OF PERSONAL VACATIONING WWW.TRIPADVISOR.COM WWW.GOTOPUERTORICO.COM

Well, if you want to stay in a good hotel, I would reccomend hotels in Mayaguez and Ponce, because the hotels are good and cheap. I also reccomend El Conquistador in Fajardo but it is expensive.

try this site,http://www.canariohotels.com/lagoon.htm this a very nice guesthouse close to the beach in condado I stayed a couple of times in the canario by lagoon guesthouse and is was very unexpensive and nice. =)

Don't know any off hand, i personaly did not like it there, but you could check out www.tripadvisor.com they have lots of reviews, pitcures from people who have visited. there a lots of reviews, also check out travelocity.com they usally only deal with decent hotels, and they also have pitcures and guest reviews. good luck.

NORMANDIE HOTEL