Best and worst cities in the South? Why?

The South is KY, OK, TX, LA, AR, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, and VA.

Best:

1. Austin, 2. San Antonio, 3. Fort Worth. Both have lots to do, much to offer in arts and culture (especially Austin,) history-rich, beautiful, great parks, great food, friendly folks. GREAT CITIES!

Worst:

1. Orlando. Other than Disney World and Universal Studios, it's a boring, dumpy, unremarkable city. Plus, it's full of rude yankee transplants.

2. Louisville, KY: Beautiful city, but talk about RUDE people, even in churches, as well as the service people in hotels and restaurants. Spend about 2 days there and you'll change your mind on Kentucky being "that friendly," as the slogan goes. Collectively, they seem to think the world revolves around THEM.

3. Clarksville, TN. No offense to people that live there, I guess it's just an overgrown military town with little excitement. I have nothing "personal" against it, though.

In general, though, the South is great!

Favorite Answer

As a truckdriver from the South,now currently living in Texas, I've been to all of the mentioned cities. I find that most people (including yankees) are pretty nice providing your your attitude is decent. In some of the smaller cities in the South some years ago, I got a kick out of walking through the downtown area and seeing all the keys left in the ignition of the parked cars.

There's a lot more to do in Orlando than Disney World and Universal Studios. There are other theme parks first of all, and second, obviously you have never been down I-Drive. Also, Orlando has a ton of nightclubs, lakes for water sports, we're only 45 minutes away from the beach, then there's parks and recreation areas, museums, art galleries, ect. Tons of stuff. Most of your judgements seem to be made on personal experiences with "rude people", i.e. you're a douchebag judging an entire population based on a few people. And all of your "best cities" are in Texas! Lemme guess, you're a Texan! @$$wipe.

I live in Florida. I HATE Orlando, other than Universal Studios and Disney. I live kinda close Cocoa Beach...

• wmp55

Durham, NC rocks!

Worst: Danville, VA.

Source(s): I have lived in both. Danville is one of the reddest cities in America. A good place to sleep, but you wouldn't want to wake up there.

Best....Austin..Atlanta..almost anywhere in VA.

Worst...Any where in AR..JAX, FL...New Orleans, in it's present state..not pre Katrina

I Live in Orlando....sadly what you say about it is true...and I am a native!!!!

• ugafan

southerners don't consider oklahoma to be in the south.