cloe5 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

More Volume for hair?

I tried back combing and spray but that makes me head look poofy as i have shoulder length hair.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Serena
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Chloe - here are a couple of good websites for just what we're talking about:

www.beauty.ivillage.com/hair/hairtrends/0,,84jpqj30-p,00.html

www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_141.htm

www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip343.htm

Also, if you hold your head so your hair hangs down while drying it, just put a little spray on the underside and that will help, too. If towel-drying your hair, don't rub it dry; just scrunch the towel in different areas (this is if you have some natural curl).

Source(s): been there, had that
  • Miss U
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

There are hair care products specifically geared towarded volumizing your hair. You want to use volumizing shampoos and light conditioners. Adding a few layers in your hair can also help boost the volume. There are also some hair care products to help lift the roots of your hair...some recommended brands:

Pantene Volumizing Root Lifter Spray Gel

Matrix Amplify Root Lifter

FX Special Effects Root Lifter Volume Booster & Root Stimulating Serum

Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Boost Root Lifter

Paul Mitchell Volume Spray

there are so many out there!

Also as another person answered, blow-drying upside down while scrunching your roots can also help!

• 1 decade ago

I have straight, shoulder length hair and the same problem - always trying to get volume! I put some straightening cream in my hair after washing (just to make it look smoother) and then I blow dry it upside down....and recently I've discovered if I squirt a bit of hair spray on my roots while tipped upside down, then let it dry, flip it up and brush it out lightly - it looks a lot bouncier without looking too poofy.

• 1 decade ago

take some moose and rub it in really good. then after maybe 5 min. spash some water on it not a whole lot though and then blow dry it really good and spray some hair spray in it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try Pantene Voluming shampoo & conditioner.

• 1 decade ago

put a volumizer in your hair like moose of gel an blow dry it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

blow dry upside down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.