How would I burn a DVD Movie to my computer?

I have the sonic program that's suppose to burn CD's, and DVD'S. I tried everything I could think of and I still come up empty. Could the reason be I have DVD-RW Disc

Favorite Answer

Hi the_hound_dog_2002.

Unfortunately, your question is incomplete:

I understand you'd like to burn a DVD movie...but (A), I imagine you really want to burn it to a dvd *disk*, (B) I'm not sure whether you're trying to copy a retail dvd or trying to burn an .avi file (regardless of where it came from) to dvd and (C), I have no idea what comes with "sonic program"; Sonic is just the name of the company and has a *suite* of applications. Besides, there's an important difference if whichever component of sonic was pre-installed on your computer or you acquired it later, as any burning app that is sold with the hardware is usually an "OEM" ("Original Equipment Manufacturer") and is stripped of special features....which again, I have no idea what features you "do* have and of what individual applications.

Could you provide us with a little more info please?

Finally, yes, dvd-rw (ReWriteables) are not the best disks to use, but that might not even be your main issue.

Do you have a DVD Burner drive? Just because you have the software isn't enough. Also most commercial DVDs are copy protected, so you need special software to copy.

DVD-RW blank discs shouldn't be the problem, they are simply discs you can wrtie to, erase and write to again...

Search for DVD Fab Express on Yahoo and download it. It will give you a 21 day trial period to use. Make sure your DVD-RW's are good quality. Not the cheapy ones.

get a burner thing