Eclipse engine swap?

I have a 98 gs NT and I'm thinking about engine swap. The problem is that I have no idea what engine to pick: 6-bolt, 7-bolt, turbo, NT and then install one, 1g, 2g, what year? ...

Favorite Answer

This project is extremely time consuming, complex and expensive due to the amount of parts needed to perform the task. The parts alone can range upwards of $5000. The basic parts needed are: Engine, transmission, ECU, intercooler (and piping), fuel pump, complete exhaust system, and possibly a few more things not mentioned. The two options above are definitely better choices for the less experienced. Consider the cost of simply buying a factory turbocharged DSM before attempting this swap.

it depends totally on ur reason of upgrading..ie smoking the hondas or pure leasure..n how deep ur pocket is..deep pocket+desire to smoke the hondas..go for the turbo..2g dsm will be sufficient..usually they(the chop shop)can supply u with what u want..engine+wiring+ecu+i/cooler(2g comes with a fmic standard)standard turbo(14b if i'm not mistaken) n the best part for this engine is that..the parts is interchangeble with the evos (1-3)300++ ponies 4 you!!as 4 the 7 n 6 bolt..if u found a 7 bolt..take it..its quite hard to find!but if ur like to be smoked..non-turbo is the way..hassle free n less problems..haha..just ma two cents

The 4G93 or 4G63 Evo speedy setup may fit i don't understand the skill of the eclipse they don't promote this motor vehicle in my usa. i'd bypass with the 4G63 which had 276hp it truly is better than the three.0 6cyl i'm guessing. you may desire a engineers certificate usually. or you should rebuild your motor which may fix it on the point of latest production unit circumstances like skill and reliability.

just buy a stock 87-89 Starion and slap a 16g turbo on it and then you got a RWD car that can make up to 320hp eaisly and bury 150mph speedo.

Source(s): I owned 4