Should a retire move to Austin,Texas?

Favorite Answer

Living in Austin, I have to say, it depends on the part of town you move to. Some parts are nothing but college kids and some parts are quiet little sections of heaven.

The variety in culture offers something for everyone without pushing anything onto you. From farmers markets with organic produce to a happening live music scene, from kids getting started in life to retired hippies trying to create Shangrila, from families to singles, Austin's culture encompasses everyone.

The beautiful green belts next to high tech buildings make each part of town unique real estate.

I love it here.

As far as realtors go, I suggest Keller Williams since they have so many offices around town and the local folks are so talented at matching people with homes.

Source(s): Living in Austin

Like the smart dude said before me yeah if you like to party but even if you don't, the Gulf is right there, there are people of ALL ages, and there is a right little niche for you. At least that's what I found. Lot's of good music Lot's of nice people. I say go for it, again I must say that was MY experience and a lot of my friends's too. Good luck mate

austin and the surrounding areas are a great place to live. i can refer you to a realtor in the area if you like. email me at droemer05@yahoo.com

Source(s): i am a realtor in the north texas area

Yes.

if you like to party

nope, lincoln NE is where it is at.