Andy29Pandy asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who thinks that Barry Bonds should have his titles removed due to the steroid use?

I mean is that really fair if there are individuals who came about their homeruns naturally?

Favorite Answer

Yes. shame on him. breaking records by cheating is wrong and giving him titles and putting him in the histroy books, shows people that it's okay to lie and cheat.

Do you mean his records/statistics? I don't believe he has been knighted. And no, they should not be removed from the record books. Even if he did use steroids, there is no possible way to know when he started using and how many of his homers were chemically aided. How do we know how many extra feet steroids add to a hit ball, or whether those extra feet made it a homer instead of a double off the wall?

The sad truth is that many people are too ignorant to realize that Barry Bonds won MULTIPLE Gold Gloves and MVP's and smacked hundreds of home runs and stole hundreds of bases even before he is accused of beginning to take steroids.

• ?

Would I like that of course I would Bonds is a jerk unlike his Father who is probably turning over in his grave. However you cant remove his records or marks. If you did you would have to remove every mark ANY player made while using steroids and Bonds isn't only one! Not only that if you do do you take away Penants won by any team who had players using steroids!? You open a HUGE can of worms. Much as I agree Bonds cheated you cant take records away without wiping out EVERYTHING by EVERYONE who used that would change everything! Best that can be done is * next to his records which will drive Bonds nuts!

Source(s): panther10758@yahoo.com

In my opinion...I feel that all of the "super-human accomplishments" in the past few years of baseball should be taken into account. I became a HUGE Cubs fan watching a skinny Ryne Sandberg win a league MVP with 40 HR's. I also admired another skinny, yet more fit baseball player named Roger Maris for not only beating the Babe's HR record but for doing it in the manner that he did (watch *61) and you will know what I'm talking about.

While it would be nearly impossible to remove the very substance of what makes baseball so much more unique from other sports (titles and especially statistics), I do feel there is something that can be done. Consideration into the Hall of Fame. Have SERIOUS scrutiny, investigation and judgement by those who make the HOF selections.

On two very different sides of the coin, look how much it affects Pete Rose and Ron Santo. Rose (who I hope never gets inducted into the HOF for his actions off of the field) will lobby for his chance to make the HOF until the day he dies. Santo, the beloved legend who was an offensive force and brilliantly patrolled 3rd base for the loveable losers on Chicago's Northside seems to loose more and more faith on the baseball God's each year as his name is passed by.

Bonds, who "defeated" a much more deserving Albert Pujols for League MVP on MANY occassions may have the titles, but may hopefully be garnering more objection for Hall of Fame consideration.

Unfortunately for those of us who love baseball from a historical standpoint, we will most likely have to grin and bear it when Barry's time to go into the Hall actually comes about. He easily would've been going in on his natural, God given talent. I'm hopeful that the greedy, dishonest and arrogant actions of an already accomplished, future Hall of Famer will give Santo's baseball God's something to scrutize, investigate and judge when Barry's name comes into HOF consideration - in my opinion.

• ratboy

Hell no! Bonds has never failed a drug test.

Besides, there's no way to go back and make sure that Aaron and Ruth didn't take drugs. We didn't have cable news back then so we don't know.

I know Willie Mays took performance enhancing drugs. And everyone just loves him, so I think Bonds should get the same free ride.

He hit #720 last night. It's amazing, we are witnessing baseball history, and some hardcore haters just refuse to accept and appreciate what they're seeing. I can't wait to tell my grandchildren that I actually got to see the great Barry Bonds play baseball.

He should be made an example. I wish they would boot him out of the Majors or at the VERY least put an asterisk beside his name in the record books.

It is a farce to see him receiving all those accolades, really makes me sick and then you just have to loose respect for MLB.

Source(s): My Baseball loving brain

I believe Sir Barry of Bonds should keep his title, and that stripping him of his accomplishments is not in the best interest of baseball.

What are you going to do though, go back in time and test everyone? I think he should have an * by his name in the record book, but I don't think they should completely remove them. Then you would be erasing his whole career. Yes he didn't follow the rules, but then you'd have to erase so many other people's career stats too.

I completely agree! There should have been no big deal made of him breaking Babe Ruth's record because he did it artificially!! If they can't prove it (other than the obvious), then let him play. Just don't say a word about him.

get off his a s s , pesonaly i hate barry bonds but come on he has never been caught . this is america right inocent until proven guilty. talk about rafiel palmerio