If God existed, would He like the God that we created in the Bible ?

Favorite Answer

Great question!

First of all, the thing we have to remember is that today's Bible is by no means meant to be a literal interpretation of what happened. It is symbolic. It was written by men in a time of men, based on the cultural influences of the place and time and it has been rewritten and translated so many times, there is no real way to know if what we read today is the same as that which was written thousands of years ago. I study world religions as a hobby and I, myself, own 8 different versions of the Bible, including one that contains a side-by-side comparison of four different versions.

Also, there are a lot of incongruities and omissions in the Bible (For example, who did Cain marry? There are also several people who lost God's favor for marrying outside the faith. Where did they come from?)

Every human being on this earth has a different view of who and what the higher power is (or lack thereof). I think what is more important than our image of the higher power, is whether or not we follow the common guidelines of all major religions. From Christianity to Paganism, all religions teach the concepts of love, tolerance, generosity, peace, and respect. Even athiests and agnostics acknowledge the idea that we are all better off following these guidelines.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, God and the Church are two entirely separate entities. The church has become far too political, especially considering how many different branches there are, just in Christianity, but I digress...

I am not a Christian, as a matter of fact, I do not formally align myself with any religious label. I do, however, believe in a Higher Power...I have seen and experienced too much in my life to NOT believe. I think God probably shakes his head in bemusement at how he is portrayed in the Bible. He is probably more concerned and irked about what we have done to his church and what we are doing to this world. Then again, who are we to know the mind of God. For all we know, this could all be happening exactly as he planned.

I don't know that it's a question of God liking the way God is portrayed in the Bible. If we look at the Bible more as literature, and less as doctrinal statement, or even history, we come closer to a better approach to the Bible. The Bible contains many genres of literature; poetry, fable, myth, morality tales, folk wisdom, history, and genealogy. All these writings are human accounts of their struggles of faith, their understanding and beliefs about how they saw God at work. The Bible is a very human book and reflects the diversity of human views of God.

I suppose all we can do is hope God looks benevolently upon the Bible as yet another human endeavor at understanding God.

God does exist and we didn't create God in the bible. God wrote us the bible through other people. So this question doesn't even really have a purpose.

The Universe is not real happy with a lot of the stuff we have created, one of them being mans idea of what God is. If the Universal power thought we were heading in the right direction here, then why would there be so much pain and anguish in the world. RIGHT - becuase we have created it!!!! Not God. We as a race, human, are not going with the flow and if you haven't noticed.... it's not working out in our favor.

Religion is mans way of showing God how good man is.

Spirituality is Gods way of showing man how good God is.

God does exist.

Excellent satirical question!! He (she,it??) would not like the Biblical God, because he is sadistic and vindictive against the very humans he created! What a great question!

• mxlj

God is the one who inspired the bible, so yes he would.

no, even if he is real God didnt write the bible, other PEOPLE did, and even if they listened to exactly what he said they could still misinterpret things, or omit certain facts, it human error. So i think hed be pretty PO

Yes, if he had a good sense of humor. Read the Bible. There's all kinds of wild stuff in it.

no