Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

Can teens get breast cancer????

Favorite Answer

i'm guessing from your question that 1. you're a teen and 2. you've found a lump. first off, don't panic. it's quite unusual for a teen to get breast cancer (though it is definitely possible). if you are doing regular breast exams, do you do them at the same time of the month? hormones can cause changes in your breasts. is there someone you can talk to. mom perhaps? if you can't talk to mom is there another adult or a school nurse. if any of these are available, utilize them and absolutely make an appointment with a doctor or nurse practitioner to alleviate your fears

Source(s): registered nurse

Yes it possible

Early teens being 12, 13, 14, or teens being 15-18??

I was 14 and guess what..(pause for dramatic effect) I was diagnosed with a brain tumor that was about the size of a lemon, and later it was to be known as Medulla-blastoma. Which is normally found in children ages 3-8

Source(s): Cancer Survivor

Yes, anyone at any age ( I think ) can get breast cancer. Even men get breast cancer.. Good luck to ya..

Anyone including men can get breast cancer.

it is possible but very rare. Sometimes there are more common tumors that needs to be removed from the breast, but usually it is not cancerous

I think it is very rare, but I do believe it's possible. I recommend doing a breast self exam every month, it's one of the best things you can do for your body as a woman!

very rare, and men can get breast cancer also!

It is rare although if you carry gene mutations such as BRCA, propensity is higher. Most breast masses at your age are benign.

• purple

the way to fight and possibly beat cancer is early treatment...after reading your question over .. sorry ... yes even babies can get cancer .. it does not go by age...

Cancer is a desease that can affect any age.