chris asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

How do you cook the chicken for chinese fried rice the way they do at restaurants. grill, boil, bake, fry it?

i want to make fried rice but i do not want the chicken to come out the way it does when i grill it . i want it to come out the way it does at the restaurants . thanks a bunch !

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm going to give you the link to allrecipes.com because they have TONS of recipes--but more importantly, the recipes are rated by their members.

THIS recipe for CHICKEN FRIED RICE has been rated by over 100 people to be very good...if you don't like this one, click on the link below for others!

A simple way to make fried rice that is better than in some Chinese restaurants! Boneless chicken breasts are stir fried with white rice, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, green onions and soy sauce.

Original recipe yield: 6 servings.

Prep Time:

15 Minutes

Cook Time:

45 Minutes

Ready In:

1 Hour

Servings:

6 (change)

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 cups uncooked white rice

* 1 tablespoon butter

* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

* salt to taste

* 2 eggs, beaten

* 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms

* 2 green onions, chopped

* 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a saucepan bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

2. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in butter and season with salt to taste. Set chicken aside.

3. Transfer cooked rice to the skillet in which the chicken was cooked, stirring to brown.

4. In a separate skillet, scramble eggs.

5. To the rice add chicken, mushrooms, green onions, eggs and soy sauce to taste.

• 1 decade ago

Any good chinese restaurant will stir-fry it in a wok. The trick behind fried rice (or any Chinese stir-fry dish for that matter) has a lot to do with what kind of wok you use. Traditional chinese woks allow you to cook the food at really high temperatures, which give it that unique taste and slight char. The kinds of woks they sell at American department stores are okay for some types of stir-fry (mostly vegetable), but you will not get the same results than compared to using a traditional wok. Try to find a wok that is made out of cast iron and definitely do NOT use a non-stick surface one for this kind of taste...you will not achieve it with a non-stick as it does not allow the surface to get hot enough. Cook the meat on high temperature while constantly stirring/flipping it.

Also, in case you are hesitant to buy a new wok just to make fried rice, traditional woks can also be used for deep frying, boiling and steaming so you can use a wok in place of a pot or pan. The reason that they are so versatile is because of the shape and material....it makes the heat even throughout.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The chicken and cook sperately from the fried rice.

For chicken you have steam it, 1st cut chicken into half drain dry and marinate the chicken with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp white pepper powder and 1 tsp sesame oil for 1 hour. When the water is boil put in chicken to steam it for 1/2 hr. When chicken has cool down then only cut into bite size.

For fry rice, heat 2 tbsp of oil in hot kuali, 1 tbsp finely chop garlic, 1/2 bowl of finely sliced long beans, add cooked and loosen up rice. Prepared 1 tbsp dark sauce and 1 tbsp light soya sauce mix well in a separate bowl then pour over your rice and mix well. Make sure your fire is hot enough to have good result. Then add in 2-3 beaten eggs. Continue to fry till you can feel the rice is light and till one or two rice grain will "pop" on the kuali. Frying takes a little while then sprinkle fine salt over the rice (depands on how salty you want it to be) and mix well. Ready to serve.

I am sure you will enjoy the taste. Happy trying.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It' usaully marinated then baked, then they stir fry it before adding the the rice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Check out the link for allrecipes

• 1 decade ago

parboil it so it is still moist

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.