What is that rattle coming from my 1999 chevy blazer?

THis rattle is coming from under the truck i cant tell if its coming from the cat, loose muffler baffles or the tranny ? if anybody elses blazer does this let me know how ya fixed it . thanks

Favorite Answer

you flux copasitor or kanuter valve is bad. check the tailamp fluid

I am on my 8th Blazer in a row and can't say I have ever had a rattle.

My guesses would be:

Back rubber gromet that is holding the exhaust up has come loose, allowing the muffler and tail pipe to rattle against the back axle.

Heat shield above the cat. coverter or exhaust has come loose and is making the noise.

Tranny I would think you'd feel that in the wheel or a pull, tug, etc while driving so I would rule that out.

Could be the heat shields in the engine compartment next to the headers.

Best bet is to start her up and if she makes the noise when sitting still start crawling around her. Use a screw driver or something to push against different heat shields, etc. If you hit one that is loose it will quiet down when the screw driver hits it.

If none of these work your next bet is to take it to the dealer and let them drive it to see what they think.

Source(s): Automotive Cosmetics Expert

if it rattles going over bumps on the road it is probaly the torsion bar mounts u really need to give more info.

my best guess would that it is the muffer bearing. where doe the sound come from what doe it sound like doe it happen all the time or when you take off or turn... yes hats the muffer bearing i think they cost like alot you should sell it now before it stops