Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Do all these people asking basic questions bother you?

By basic I mean the ones that are asking for definitions, the names of authors, aspects of science or a plethora of things that just prove they've spent more time online than they have actually paying attention to their schoolwork. I mean, we're not here to teach these people about evolution and formatting a sentence, if they know the terms they probably fell asleep during class because they were up all night on messenger and now they need the details. Are we here to -teach- them when they didn't care enough to learn it the first time or look it up theirselves?

Favorite Answer

actually they haven't spent enough time on the internet since all of their questions can be easily answered by using a search engine

Most of them don't bother me much, I rather prefer people asking about basic things than people who are afraid to ask and stay ignorant. However I do agree with you that in many cases they should have tried to find some basic answers by themsleves either paying attention to their classes or looking for answers in text books. What really bothers me are those people who want us to do their homework.

Yes, because it goes to show how much dumber the world is getting, and your right maybe if they would be paying attention to their schoolwork then they won't have to ask basic dumb questions.

• woolf

precise now, December 11, 2007, i do no longer in my opinion experience oppressed. even with the incontrovertible fact that, that doesn't recommend i do no longer see tries to oppress women human beings very virtually on a daily basis in this dialogue board. maximum obtrusive---or possibly no longer so obtrusive---is interior the language some human beings use whilst they attempt to discredit a woman. rather of attacking her recommendations or the favored of her artwork they attack her looks or her weight. it quite is a subtle attempt to get women human beings to no longer talk up. Granted, this sort of oppression is exceedingly low on the record in comparison to what different women human beings international-huge are dealing with even with the incontrovertible fact that it quite is a sturdy indication that girls actual everyone remains no longer widespread as equals. whilst 2 adult adult males, as an occasion, are squaring off at one yet another you on no account pay attention certainly one of them call the different one 'fat' or 'grotesque?'

Nope. It's a great time filler while my girlfriend is in the shower/getting ready. Besides, everybody gets stuck on something simple now and then. Not all of us were in school yesterday.

• yes it truly does bother me that it shows the true ignorance of society at large today most of these simple questions can be answered correctly on wikipedia.com or webmd and various other sources or reading a supplied owners manuel for a product man people are ignorant today

No, I just can't stand the ones that ask medical questions. Who in their right mind would go on Yahoo! to find out if they have cancer or if they are pregnant? It's called a DOCTOR.

Yeah, it's annoying, but I'd rather answer them and allow them to know something, than to let them go off and be too lazy to look it up and get none the smarter.

people are plain lazy

or sometimes too confused

or sometimes out to hv fun

no it dont bother me

iactually enjoy it

answering what i feel

including this one

hv a fun weekend

Yeah, what else are we supposed to do? We are supposed to answer questions, thats it. Thats our purpose, just like I'm answering yours. It doesn't bother me answering questions, people need help and it doesn't matter what kind of people they are.