Raising rabbits for for eating? What kind?

Heelo Friend-

My parents were from Italy and I grew up eating rabbit.. All kinds of great Italian dishes my Mom would cook. Well, my Dad raised a certain rabbit out in the backyard and he has since passed away. I never asked him what kind it was. Anybody know?

Favorite Answer

I have eaten wild rabbit a few times and buy it at Wholey's Fish Market in Pittsburgh but do not know what breed it is.

I have a bag of rabbit tenderloin fillets in my freezer but it is not specific about what type of rabbit.

which could be your race, lifestyle, and so on to devour rabbit and stuff in spite of the indisputable fact that it is purely nasty. Why dont you purchase one already lifeless so that you'll prepare dinner it? They do promote them that way. Its no longer the way you feed the rabbit, its the way you prepare dinner it so no matter if you purchase it from the ranch marketplace back, you gotta a thanks to organize dinner it and now your gonna sacrifice a rabbit purely to make some fat previous guy satisfied on his birthday purely cuz you cant prepare dinner. i'm community American and we ate an similar stuff yet youre purely sinning utilising it only for foodstuff. you should apply each and every use of an animal once you kill it. So are you gonna make your dad somewhat carpet out of its fur? Do some thing top and why'd you position up this in pets? So immature. improve up.

Jack Rabbits

the rabbits most often raised for meat are New Zealand Reds or Whites.

i'm 100% italian and we've NEVER EATEN RABBIT!!!! maybe tripe or squid.....but NEVER RABBIT. my ex is a hillbilly and he ate domesticated rabbit all the time.

well what the hell is wrong with you!!! why would you eat a bunny rabitt??? how sad.