question for those who have been to jail/prison?

What was it like?

Favorite Answer

There were a few particularly aggressive inmates that were always trying to show their dominance by beating up people that didn't obey their commands to the letter, and yes, I was beaten up. Some of the guards sadisticly extorted the inmates, including myself, to perform burdensome rituals. We had beds, but were forced to be in the common room all day, with that hard tile floor and chairs, and everyone looking at everyone else. They had a few boring board games, certainly not stratego. Only the cell block doors were locked, not the individual cell doors, so aggressive people came into eachothers' rooms at night and attacked them and stole their belongings when they were asleep. Some vulgar inmates plugged up the toilets by stuffing them with toilet paper. At meal time, all of the inmates talked very loudly and vulgarly. The only scenery was the plain walls of the cell block. The only 'outside' area was the small concrete-floored basketball court. I was a minor at the time, and all minors were required to attend the prison school. In the school, everyone mostly just sat around in our small wood-seated chairs, bored as hell for 5 hours; they didn't teach us jack sh-t, nor did we have access to a library or informative books of any kind.

I was at a designated government intelligence holding facility were criminal charges or trials or convictions are not necessary to imprison people for long periods, so technically I am not a criminal. I was put there because of my highly unorthodox political positions, which are the opposite of the norm. They can do that when you are a minor. This occurred in the United States, mind you. I thought that that cr@p only happened under the soviets. Those filthy kidnappers are never brought to justice.

it was a long boring ordeal, dirty, stinky and nasty, when i was processed the jailers took my steel toe boots away from me and in return i was given a pair of beige foam booties with a freakin happy face stamped on the toes, so every time i put my head in my hands and looked down, this happy face was staring back at me, it was no fun at all.

I have, but only on the tour!

I know I wouldn't want to be there, even the min security one I went to, it would drive me crazy! the higher security ones were kinda scary.

pretty good. I didnt have to worry because everything was taken care of

just kidding. never been to jail.......yet

Boring, and cold. Cement and metal aren't very warm.

Cold,Loud,Dirty

I didn't like the flip flop's they give you to wear.

It's not as bad as they say it is