HELP! Back injury - I will not recover! Need to create income using my PC, ASAP. Please Advise!?
- imisidroLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
The Government has created a portal to help individuals who need benefits because of life events. Visit http://www.govbenefits.gov/
Use the drop down button
DO YOU NEED BENEFITS BECAUSE OF A LIFE EVENT?
Choose the life situation best applicable to you and then see if you qualify for the available government assistance.
As for starting a business on the Web, you may want to read the article “6 Hottest Businesses on the Web http://www.powerhomebiz.com/052006/web.htm which lists six areas of the new Web that present new opportunities to small online businesses:
The Web offers tremendous opportunities for those who know how to harness it. You hear of stories of people who earn thousands if not millions of dollars from doing business on Web. While there are many scams (same way in the traditional business world), there are various ways you can legitimately make money on the Web.
Here are the ways you can earn money from the Internet:
1. Sell products on the Web - Big boys like Amazon or Lillian Vernon online catalog or smaller businesses like BigKidsVideo.com or Candle4Less.com all sell products on the Web.
You can either sell: (a) through your own storefront through your own website or applications such as Yahoo Stores; or (b) sell through online auctions like eBay
2. Information Delivery. Others such as About.com or EuropeforVisitors.com create content and monetize their content in a number of ways:
a. Advertising - From the article "How to Generate Advertising Revenues for Your Web Site" http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol28/adrevenues.htm , there are several ways you can earn money from advertising:
1. Join an advertising network. Advertising networks are organizations that aggregate Web sites that offer advertising space, and sell banner ads (and other advertising options) across them. Traffic requirement is often a minimum of 5,000 monthly impressions, although many do not accept sites hosted by free page services.
Burst Media http://www.burstmedia.com/
Fastclick (ValueClick). http://www.fastclick.com/
Tribal Fusion http://www.tribalfusion.com/
2. Participate in contextual advertising networks. Contextual advertising are text ads delivered based on the content of the web page using an automated system.
Google Adsense https://www.google.com/adsense/
Yahoo! Publishing Network (currently in beta and available to US publishers only) http://publisher.yahoo.com/
Quigo Adsonar http://www.quigo.com/adsonarexchange.htm
Commission Junction Evolution http://www.cj.com/
3. Sell advertising for your site directly. This is admittedly a more difficult route for a small business site wanting to earn advertising revenues. But hey, as they say: "no pain, no gain!"
b. Affiliate Programs - you sell other people's products that your audience may be interested in; and you get a certain commission after the desired action was done (whether a sale, a lead, subscription to email newsletter, or however this is defined)
c. Paid online content. Hoovers.com or WebmasterWorld.com Supporters forum all require paid subscription before accessing the information
d. Content licensing and syndication. Some publishers such as the Associated Press get paid every time their content is published elsewhere
4. Services such as paid surveys -- won't make you rich but can add some spare change in your pockets
Pinecone Research http://www.pineconeresearch.com/
GreenField Online http://www.greenfieldonline.com/
Harris Poll Online http://www.harrispollonline.com/
Survey Spot http://www.surveyspot.com/
- sorrells316Lv 61 decade ago
medicare.gov, get your disability, then get vocational rehabilitation to pay for college and rent, books and transportation!