Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why Is Online Dating So Common Nowadays?

Has online dating been proven to work for people?

Favorite Answer

People like me with kids and divorce that dont go outto clubs and dont go out to partys, It is hard for us to meet people. So we chosse to go online and look. I met my match about 6 months ago. Now I did met alot of others, they were not what I was looking for. Then one day I got an email from my lady. We talked for about a week before we met. I knew with in the first 30 mins of us talking she was what I was looking for. We sent pictures of us and our kids back and forth and talked alot to get to know another. After we met everything just fell into place. We have been so happy since that day. We plan on getting married some time next year.

Yes, Online dating has not only been proven to work for a lot of people, It has also become the dating tool for today and the future,

Rejection online is much easier to take than in real life! Also at the end of the day its all about volumes - can get much larger volumes online than even sitting in Starbucks all day.

I never tried it but I have friends who date online.and they like it.I have a friend that dated on line for 6 mths and the man bought her a plane ticket so that they could meet for the first time.They plan on getting married next year.I guess if someone takes time out on line for you and you fall in love beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It sure worked for me! We have a wonderful family now. I think it lets people get a look at someones personality before they see the physical aspects.

• Wishee

I don't know if it's true,but I saw a news's report on E-entertainment,they said that the company....E.Harmony....Has had 16,000 successful marriage's. Now they also said there questioner is 440 question's long. They put there success rate,is so high because of there profiling.I don't know?

people date online because they dont go out and get someone in real life, so they turn to the internet..... nothings like the real thing!!

this article has a great peice on online dating and relationships

Source(s): free useful articles and tips on almost any topic- http://www.free-articles.blogspot.com/

meh, I'm sure it's happened but I still don't think it's a good idea. nothing beats going out and meeting people

for people who dont get out much and love computers