Sharon
Sharon asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Can blind people see in their dreams?

Favorite Answer

No, they can not see in dreams unless they just recently went blind.

Born blind or blind early in life, they only "see" what's in their dreams what they have experienced in life. Close your eyes and listen and feel...that's how they dream.

Dreams are as real to us as they are to you without the pictures.

Source(s): Me Brain
  • Antny

Good question! I agree with Jeff and Gotti- that they would only dream of what their perceptions of reality would be. I do believe however that their other 4 senses or even another 5th are more attentive by way of compensation which would make their dreams more vivid and vibrant with those senses. Ask a blind person about a dream of theirs if you know of one and see if that's true.

• ?

My uncle is blind but he can see silhouettes. Your mind can only experience what it knows. Too bad! I wish they could have vibrant dreams to make up for what is missing day to day.

• why wouldn't they? they can still "picture" what something would look like even though they have never physically seen it. minds eye sort of thing. human brain is amazing in its functions. I believe they can

Nice question. I don't know. i should ask someone :)