Why are people so stereotypical?

Some instances include: all Christians don't believe in evolution, all atheists are selfish, most poorer countries don't have malls, a democracy, or sometimes instant plumbing! (I have been asked this), all mexicans are illegal, etc etc.

Again, good answers. Consider the last two or three, which is what I would recommend

Favorite Answer

Your question is phrased oddly. Are you asking why are people so prone to labelling to eachother or why people act out the bias their label states they have? Because... If it's the first one it's because people like to show they're superior to others by calling people names. It's known as "bullying". If it's the second it's because, once you've labeled someone, you'll jump on any chance to prove you're right even if you're wrong.

Observations passed on over time, generalizing a certain GROUP of INDIVIDUALS. Stereotyping is definitely wrong, but for every time we see a particular stereotype played out, it generally reinforces subconsciously what we've heard. For example, if you meet an unselfish atheist, do U address that as not all atheists r selfish? Whether U do or don't, it's still in your mind!!! Stereotype!

I'm christian, I believe in evolution... I'm not stuck in the black ages with the rest of those nut-wags. My priest believes in evolution...

because people are afraid of changes...try to change your morning bus and i bet you´ll be late because you´re not used to it!people are becoming more comfortable every day!habit is stronger than will.

Thats a great question..

Isn't your question stereotypical?