how do u get over a boy you've dated for almost 10 months?

Favorite Answer

Date someone else and quit dwelling on the past.

Just realize that 10 months could be 10 years. Someone is getting over a 10 marriage that involves kids. There are worst situations. Stop the pity party.

Depends on your age. Go out have a blast with the girls every now and then. Flirt with guys. Go shopping. Eat icecream. Have dinner alone. May surprise you, but sometimes it's best to be single for a while. Collect your thoughts on what you are truly looking for that way when someone else comes along you'd know exactly what questions to ask before jumping into a relationship.

Hang out with friends and family. Look for a new hobby, go to the beach, keep yourself busy. Learn something new, take a class at night. Think positive, things happen for a reason, sometimes we don't understand and we don't like change in our lives, but life goes on.

• Only 10 months and you're having trouble forgetting him? Geez, girl, if you're full of drama over a brief relationship like this ... you're in for a life of pure and unadulterated horrors. If I were you, I'd get an early start on drinking heavily right now.

When you have dated someone and they have touched your heart, it is best to move on, and look somewhere else, but as you are looking somewhere else, keep in mind, that the person you dated gave you many good things, as you gave them also, and take that knowledge, learn what it was that was good, and the next relationship will grow stronger. Know that you will love again, and you will love each time, stronger and deeper.

You could kill yourself or realize that he was just the first in a long line of guys you will date until you find someone worth keeping for decades. Ten months is nothing. Don't fixate on one guy at your age. I assume you are young, yes? Forget him and go meet another.

Source(s): My age-- I'm 48.

when u date some one and become attached to them it feels like your whole being is being ripped apart when they break your heart but u must force your self to move on because i know the exact position you are in i was there once my self find a good quiet spot and listen to sad songs cry it out and let it go let him go and move on because he deserves ur tears for the the good times and thats it and it will hurt for a while but as u move along it will get better but u will never truely forget him

10 months is nuthing...he was just a boy anyways. I just got dumped after 3 years....imagine how sucky that must be. Life will go on with or without him.

don't do anything stupid or self-destructive like some people are suggesting. if you really liked this guy, you will never totally get over them - the heart does not easily forget. but you do need to let go, and the heart has infinite capacity for greater loves in your life. look forward, don't look back.