I just answered a question about boobs but now I am wondering....?

How did the word "boobs" become associated with breasts?

Favorite Answer

it came from a guy called ashtein zukai his wife's name was saira boobas

and he used to call her boobs well boobas this was started in the late 18th century... and now its has evolved to boobs

Very good question. I don't know either. Probably from European culture where boob is associated with a not too intelligent person. Kind of like the larger the boob the dumber you are. You and I know this isn't necessarily true.

Thanks,

Buster

I don't know but I like funny words. I'm a female. I've had breast cancer so "breasts" come up frequently when that happens. I've always had fairly large breasts -- doctors will say "breasts" to me and I laugh and said "you've seen these things - they aren't breasts - they are boobs" and they've laughed.

Known for a time as milk tubes, someone didn't hear the word clearly and thought the word boobs was said.

Men staring at women's' breasts, then saying or doing something stupid. Remember "boob tube" for people who just stared @ TV.

They kinda have the same effect on men!

Some pea-brained people think that using 'cute' names for things is less embarrassing than using the correct names for them.

Mammary glands or breasts therefore get called boobies, (cute, eh?) penises get called various names, and so do vaginas.

All it does is show how childish people can be.

Boobs are short for breasts,layman's term

thats a good question? Why is it embarrassing to say breasts, but not boobs? thats another good question.

I don't know if this is TRUE

But I always heard because they make men acts like BOOBS... i.e. Blithering Idiots.

ok... folo my instructions spicificly.....

in this word "BOOB" put 2 dots in each circle of the "B" and it looks like boobs..... now put a dot in each "OO" and it looks like boobs too.. hahah and thats the y boobs are called boobs

I don't know. Probably some jerk who was bored and wanted a "code" name for breasts.