huntress asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

i often dye my hair but always left with a skin staining.any ideas what to use to get rid of hair colour stain

Favorite Answer

Apply vaseline around your hairline before you dye your hair, and then you can just wash it off when you're done, and the dye won't adhere to your skin. That's what I do - works like a charm. :)

If you've already dyed your hair and have stained skin, rubbing alcohol has helped me in the past. In the future, putting vaseline around your hairline and putting your hair up in a shower cap while the color sets will help prevent staining your skin.

Vaseline where you don't want to stain. It wipes right off. You might have to deal with a scalp stain for a few washings if you have to dye roots but a Q-tip with peroxide will get rid of that. Try changing your part line too if that doesn't help.

• DrDave

This sounds gross but it works everytime for me........I smoke and use the ashes on a paper towel. DO NOT over soak the paper towel! Make it damp and use your fingertip (covered wit the towel) and dip it into the ashtray, then use small circular motions to the discolored skin. Wipe off the area with a clean wash cloth.

Like Julia said... vaseline works miracles! I also use neat shampoo on any small residual stains and that works better than soap and you don't need to scrub too hard either. Happy colouring!

Put a thin coat of Vasaline around your hairline and your face, that will take care of the staining on the face. Always wear gloves on the hands.

If the skin is already stained, a little rubbing alcohol will take it right off!

Put some vasoiline around hair line before dying your hair.

yea use the vaseline or go to sallys beauty supply, they sell a product to remove the hair coloring from your skin

Put Vaseline around your hair line before you color.