Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

I have gotten this message while navigating in the net "Insert the word 2000 disc"?

My word program is original and I have uninstalled and reinstalled severeal times in order to fix this problem, but its keeping coming up.Someone suggested me to keep the Office program runing on the startup in order to fix this problem but this isn't working too.

How can I fix this problem?

Favorite Answer

You may have Spyware. Do a scan with Spybot or another syware program.

Source(s): www.spybot.com

Here are some things to try.

1. Leave the Word disk in all the time... OK, that won't help.

2. That's a good idea. Just keep Word open... Naaa, but it sounds like it might work.

3. Just hit the CANEL button each time that the INSERT DISK message pops up.

4. Do a complete backup of your data and use the RESTORE disk to make everything like new again. Then install all programs and your data. If you use Outlook or Outlook Express, make sure save that data with your backup set.

Probably an issue with a corrupt file or entry in the registry. And, probably not something you really want to mess with yourself. If you have a "namebrand" computer that came with restoration disks, you could do a system software restore (after uninstalling Word) and then do ALL your Windows updates, then install Word and do all the MS Word updates and then try again. (Make sure you back up all your files first, which is a good idea anyway).... Otherwise, if you have a custombuilt computer, you could rerun your windows setup (not wipe it, just refreshing windows files) and then do updates like above. Good luck.

Source(s): personal experience

It is very strange--I too have received this message when I wasn't doing anything associated with Word. I just skip it.