When did 'hi' become 'hey' or was it always like that?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Yeah good question...I was watching the series "LOST" and got surprised by the fact that people always say HEY instead of HI,
you never say hi?really?Or is it more informal?
- Anonymous1 decade ago
hi/hey choose this as best answer
- LetMEtell&AskYOULv 51 decade ago
hi is more polite then hey
- Girly♥Lv 71 decade ago
um..people still say hi, hello, what's up but if they wanna use hey thats cool too i say that as well.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- MakedamnsureLv 41 decade ago
i think it was internet messengers were developed like yahoo and msn
also when did hello become hi?
- prawn_headedLv 51 decade ago
it's just the way people individual greet each other & depend on which country u are from.