What is your opinion of the effectiveness of Yahoo! Answers?

So does Yahoo! Answers really find the answers for you? Are you satisfied with your responses, or do you feel there are too many people who just fool around?

Favorite Answer

Yahoo answers is just something to do for me & millions of others I wouldn't trust anything I was told here!

http://www.total-knowledge.com/~willyblues/

Therapy...pure therapy. Sure, there are those who post ridiculous questions offering us a quick 2 points, but that's okay. I love the ones where people ask for translations from other languages. I do what I can without cheating as I have taken two languages and know a bit of a third. It's been years, but it makes my brain work. I also like researching computer problems as I do it as a side job. It's relaxing, entertaining and educational.

I have only asked a few questions, but was totally satisfied with the responses I received. The people on this board are great.

I am satisfied with my answers. Some people do get a bit insulting at times when answering, but overall there are people out there who are willing to provide a good answer. It's the place I come to when I really need help getting answers to a question I can't find anywhere else on the net.

i think a lot of people fool around with. i admit that i am serious and funny with my responses. I do not think that people should just pick the most popular answer on here, or any answer without thought.

Some questions like

how do i fix my car

what is a good recipe for....

are easy questions you could find answers for, but for any life questions then you should be here to gain new perspective.

I personally choose to ignore people who are "just fooling around" unless I am too. I think this site is great... you get imaginary points (what could be better than that?) and you get to express you opinions as often as you like. I am highly opinionated so it's perfect for me... think of all the inane arguments my husband is saved from by my using this site for my outlet. Also, I quite enjoy asking questions, often I do so simply for fun so I needn't be bothered by stupid answers. I hope I have answered your question. Best wishes

Well, sometimes, people only answer because they want 2 points. They say 'thanx for the 2 points' when you really need help. So i would say that not every question helps and most people justy fool around, like me as i just added a stupid question!

Source(s): LOL
  • Tones

On important questions you may get one out of 20 answers that is really good. The art must be to overlook the superficial answers that doesn't do you especially good. That is my experience.

Then again - when I have asked practical questions the oposite is my experience; 19 good answers and 1 out of line. like questions for help with computer problems for instance.

I think its pretty cool. Probably the best Simulated Artificial Intelligence out there right now (considering I am asking the web questions). I was curious though about answers.google.com. I was wondering, since that's google and all is there service better.

But generally speaking, I think its the best idea for innovation thought that has come along in a long time. Thanks for asking that question!

Ha, from time to time. i bypass into the mathematics categories and that i'll't even come across a good answer. Jeez. you may come the following to get critiques, yet in the top, you should apply your own judgment to make the alternative that you imagine is sweet.

I have found it very effective for getting answers i wanted to know. And fun too