Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

is it really that easy?

I'm arab but sometimes i watch us shows/ movies or serieses, these days I'm watching Desperate housewives series, i noticed that sex in this show is so simple, for example gabrielle take it so simple while dating john the gardener, is it really that easy in usa?

Favorite Answer

Depends on the person. Some do have sex with many people, and dont care about it. Others are selective in choosing a parnter and dont have very many. It just depends on someones sexual and personal views.

• there are few laws to go against such things and the mix of religions means that no enforcement can choose to adhere to any of them. Without religions or laws to get in the way it is basically determined by the will of the people. Those who want to have sex with each other often will. However, there are still strong senses of moral and religious obligations that people hold and choose to wait for a certain right of passage to make themselves feel better to commit the act. Openly asking someone for sex is usually considered very inappropriate.

No, sex on TV is never accurate or realistic. Americans often do have sex several times before marriage, different than the customs in many Arab countries. It is still not acceptable for teenagers to become pregnant, but most teens, or at least half, do have sex sometime before graduation.

• Well for one thing Desperate Housewives is a fictional program, so right away you should know not to believe everything you see. As far as reality goes, I imagine there are people out there who are that free with sex, which is their right, as long as they can be responsible with it (which the ladies on Desperate Housewives and many other televison programs are not)

Yes its very easy. This country was created on Christianity then the democrats messed it all up. sex is a household term here and its taken very lightly. Most of the core values that existed when the country first started are gone.

I wish! No, for some, morality is barely existent. The show is an exaggeration, but I suppose that even exaggeration has a basis in fact.

I am not thinking so, but then it depends on who you are and so on and so forth and what your moral standards are.

Television has a way of glamourizing things and making things look good and easy and so on. It's all trash. Nobody's life is that glamorous even one's sex life. Trust me.

• Nana

Not with everyone! Some people have no scruples or morals. I don't approve of such free sex.

No--don't believe everything you see on tv. Some people are easy like that, but not everyone.

some times it is. but you have to separate fact from fiction! that's hard to do nowadays but that's tv your watching they ham things up for ratings!