Who, out there, thinks that Andrea Yate's husband holds some responsibility for their children's deaths?

Andrea Yates is currently being retried for drowning 3 of her 5 children in their bath tub. She is pleading insanity while the husband has moved on and remarried. This is taking place in Houston, Texas.

Favorite Answer

He does. He KNEW she had mental problems but still left the kids with her. He should have some punishment too. Child endangerment at least.

Oh I definitely believe he is partly responsible!

I mean, she was obviously crazy. No one in their right mind could possibly drown child after child (I thought she did it to all 5) the way she did! It totally sickens me! But her husband KNEW she was insane! You just know he came home, saw what she did and realized it was his own fault! I'm sure it's why he has moved on so quickly, I'm sure he wants to forget he ever even knew Andrea!

I just read an old article from the Houston Chronicle that says she did kill all 5 of her children! She was on Haldol and Rusty Yates insisted on having more children and had her get off the haldol. In my opinion, there's blood on his hands as well!

I do! He said in interviews that he knew his wife was very mentally ill but the insurance kicked her out of the hospital before she was ready. Yet he continued to have more kids with her and let her watch them during the day. He should've divorced her and fought for sole custody when she went in the first time.

I agree with everything everybody Else said. On top of all that they lived in an RV and she home schooled the kids. That might drive anybody nuts, but she already had problems. He is definitely responsible.

andrea yates should be strung up by her go$damn toenails!

She was a merciless f****** up psycho who brutally murdered her children. What a dumba$$ pathetic excuse for a human being!

I do. He took no responsibilty for making sure that she stayed on her medication. He continued having children even though she had had post partum psychotic episodes. And he left a crazy lady alone with the children.

No she killed all 5 of her children.4 of them were on the bed and one was in the tub.That is so disgusting.I can´t see how she do that.I really don´t know if he had something to do with it.

He should have told the grandma that was babysitting for the kids of his wife's illness. When she left, that was when Andrea went nuts.

Who knows what happened in their marriage? He probably saw signs of her instability, but didn't think it was serious enough to seek help at the time. I'm sure he takes every complaint seriously now.

I don't think its the husbands fault... we cant be held responsible for the actions of our husbands/wife/boyfriend/girlfriends. BUT I do think that he should have paid more attention and maybe he could have avoided it, but I don't think he deserves jail time.