Is Les Miserables worth seeing?

I am debating spending $80 a ticket to go see Les Miserables. Money is tight, time is not plentiful...should I wait for something else to come along?

Best Answer

It's a good story, generally performed by some awesome singers and actors (at least it better be for $80, is this NY or a touring show?) I enjoyed it quite a bit.

On the other hand, it is an overwrought musical with a ham handed moral (which I can handle because I agree with it.) I would listen to some of the music. If you really love the music, I think you should buy the tickets, because the spectacle is ... well, spectacular, but if you don't just love it, wait for something else. Depending on where you are, there may be some great amateur shows for a lot less money.

If you are talking about the national tour - go! I saw the show on Broadway when a friend was in the original cast, so I was lucky enough to get house seats (for free). But I would have spent whatever tickets cost back then to see this stunning show.

This is Victor Hugo's masterpiece set to soaring music. The National Tour will have the original Broadway sets, costumes, lighting, etc. -- to say nothing of top-quality actors. It's worth every penny.

Enjoy - but bring your handkerchief - no one sees the show without shedding some tears.

Personally, I wouldn't spend $80. I was in love with the cast album, then I saw the show on Broadway before it closed and I didn't really feel like it was worth it. In my mind the show was much better, you know.

If you go to see it, don't spend $80.

Les Mis one of the best shows I've seen. I would sure recommend it.

I would read up on the show, listen to bits of the music before spending $80 on any show, though, that I'm not familiar with.

• ?

Sure! It's the world's most popular musical, having been seen by over twenty four million people worldwide. Big hits are so because people like them a lot.I have seen it myself three times and am willing to see it again because as classics do, Les Miserables touches parts of your soul .

You might be interested in reading the original book, here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/readfile?fk...

MOST DEFINITELY.

If you're in the United States, this is supposed to be the last nationwide tour and the cast is ridiculously talented. I saw it three times in two weeks back in April, it was that good. Out of all the musicals I've seen, it has the most emotionally gripping storyline and some of the best songs.

Source(s): http://lesmis.cafemusain.com/cast/cast.html (you can hear the cast members' voices on this site and decide if you like them enough to spend money)

You have to see it. It is life changing. I saw it done on the national tour and in community theater. I absolutely love it. If there is one musical you have see, Les Mis is it. Musical theater freak or not, it's amazing.

The show is amazing, but if you are not a music fan, you might want to save your money. You can check out: www.lesmis.com. That is the official site. Hope you enjoy the show!

I saw it in London. It is most definitely worth the money and time to see!!!

Wait for something else. Over-rated crap!

Source(s): Cigarette ashes and tickets to free dances.