Beyond it's legalistic dogma, is Christianity still a valid place to grow the spirit?

I have never been much of a believer. Even growing up in church, I had trouble buying into everything I heard in Sunday school. I asked why alot. Eventually when I left home, I left the church and never went back. Years later I was introduced to Buddhist meditation. Since then I have begun to want learn more... show more I have never been much of a believer. Even growing up in church, I had trouble buying into everything I heard in Sunday school. I asked why alot. Eventually when I left home, I left the church and never went back. Years later I was introduced to Buddhist meditation. Since then I have begun to want learn more about Christianity. In meditation, as I have come to understand, there is no faith or believe. What helps your spirit you keep and what doesn't help is tossed aside. This way one eventually begins to have sense of calm and you begin to have deep since of spirit. Instead of just saying what you believe, you begin to experience a deep wisdom. This wisdom is not just words, it is in your bones. I have not found this to be true of Christianity. The longer I stay with meditation however, I want to learn more about my Christian roots, no matter how shallow they might be. Are there forms of Christianity that address this no nonsense approach to the spirit.