Why does life have to hurt so much?

I stopped using drugs about a year ago. I was told that once I subtracted drugs from my life that things would get better. Let me tell you they have not. I lost my career due to my addiction and though I have I am qualified can not get another job in the field due to the reference my previous employer gives me when employers call. I can not take them off the resume because I spent five years and got all me experience with their company. I basically have to be a "Royal sorry ***" as my previous employers feels or be inexperienced and still not get a job in my field. The only thing left in tact is my marriage and that is so ******* strained sometimes I want to walk out on that too. I feel if I could get my career back my life would start to matter to me again. I honestly did not expect to still be hurting this much a whole year after giving up drugs. I was told drugs made my life the hell it had become. My life is still hell. I'm just now straight enough to give a ****

I really do want to believe that things are going to get better. For those of you who have suggested I am just feeling sorry for myself and looking for a reason to get high. I don't things could get bad enough for me to get again. Getting high is why I am in the position I am now. Getting high again would feel good at first but in the long run it would create hell on earth again for me. For the record I do love my husband. I know he loves me. He has been through hell because of my drugs too. I am thankful I still have him. Like I said there is still a lot of things that I really felt would have been better by now that are not. Its just hard some days. Today is one of those days.

• Favorite Answer

honestly, you sound alot like my brother, he had the perfect life (so to speak) he worked at McDonnell Douglas, a helicopter company in my state, he was married at the time with two kids, so he met this girlfriend (currently), and he eventually got a divorce from his wife, (a very sad situation for his kids) because after all went down, he has not become a good parent, spends no time with his kids whatsoever, and then other people in the famiy have to start raising his kids (including me) which i don't mind because i love them...but his kids feel like crap, thinking they don't have a "family unit" because all the mom does is work and is never there for them.....bottom line is just get your life in order, even if it means intervention from all family members involved. good luck.

life hurts because it makes you a strong person.. you probably didnt get straight until you realized that you were losing things that were important. If your marriage is still there keep it and it will help you feel you have something. It must have taken alot away from your mate, because they stuck by you, dont walk out on love because im sure that is holding you together. But because you messed up bad, it will take time and alot of effort to heal. This is a test to see if youll give up. Also you might have just been used to making it numb with the addiction and now you feel it more but maybe it is getting better and something will turn up so you can something to show for all your hard work..remember there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and time heals everything!

Be patient, remember that everything that we do (everything) brings consequences, if you do good things then you will receive back good things, but when you do bad things then you will receive back bad consequences, it means, our lives in the present are just the product of what we have done in the past. BUT its never late to change, like you decided to do a year ago, and i congratulate you and feel happy because you have been a fighter, so dont give up! now do the things right, and i tell you that you will start to get good fruits very soon. Be patient, just focus on doing the right thing now, and everything will change. Why dont you get a job, even if its not in your carreer, like a lower level, and then if you keep making everything right, you will be promoted, and will get back a good professional reputation.

Sometimes life gets rough, but those things makes us stronger, makes us grow up in all senses, i know its not easy at all when you are going trough that, but belive me, after a storm, comes the calm.

GOD is with you, pray, go to church, and HE will fill your heart with His peace and love, and HE will bring you light in the dark times.

Go on girl!

GOD bless you a lot!

well you want to get high again i'm sure. but they were right. the drugs destroyed you. what did you expect to see after you came back down??? just like a bomb going off, you have to deal with the "aftermath disaster". you CAN get yourself another job. just start from the bottom again. don't use them as a reference. start from scratch. say you went on a sabbatical or something. or took some time off for another reason. (it's really none of their damned business. you had a problem, straightened out and you should be given a chance to prove yourself TO yourself and society. i don't believe in throwing people away). you need this, it sucks yes, but you have to start growing on the inside too. this will make you stronger and stronger. don't try to run away into your mind and a world of drugs again. you won't get far.

Much of what your saying sounds like an excuse to go back and smoke one. I smoke pot myself, and when I take a break, I dont experience hell. You should subsitute that want and need, and subconscious effort to take another hit, and go bone your wife instead. Things may get better between you two... you know sex helps in any relationship. You keep blaming the drugs, your entire withdrawal period and agony is gonna go down the drain. Either stop thinking about it, or take a fat rip for old times sake and be square. Oh yeah, crack kills!

Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.

Honestly, you will find a lot of comfort in something constant in your life. Like a church. Really, go there and if it's a good one, you can find people who will help you. Please? Give it a try.

Don't think that since there is all this pain, there is no God. God wants people to have free will, and that is why things get all fouled up. People try to substitute other things into their lives in place of Him (like drugs). But even though you're clean, with that empty space you will still feel terrible. You need to fill the space. With God.

When you apply for a job, let them know about the problem and that your experience is with the other person. Drugs just numbed your life and now you are experiencing it for real. As for your marriage, try some counseling. There will be better days.

The affect drugs have on your life don't truly start until you get off of them because all the things you did or all the people you've does not come to your mind until you are off drugs. this is something you will have to fight with the rest of your life. Because of one stupid mistake but you have to stay strong and don't give up on your marriage because your partner hasn't given up on you because if they have they wouldn't be there so If you are a Christan don't give up and pray pray pray

Time to change careers, Maybe a drug abuse councilor.

If you love someone but she/he doesn't love you will hurt your feelings or if someone die of part of the family you may hurt your feelings.

Source(s): It is my own answer